• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy after TUPE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy after TUPE

Hi there,

After a long drawn out process, the decision has been made for the company I work for to TUPE to another.

There are 100+ staff affected and I have a question around redundancy.

Is there a period of time after the TUPE date where staff cannot be made redundant or can this happen on day 1?

Any thoughts, comments or clarification is welcome.

Many thanks,

Barry
    Tags: None

Re: Redundancy after TUPE

Hi and welcome to LB!

It's not so much a matter of time but reasons why people would be made redundant, you may want to look at this: https://www.gov.uk/transfers-takeovers/redundancy

Having said that, I was sacked for alleged Gross Misconduct just 10 days after a TUPE, even though I'd spent six years working there prior to the transfer and I didn't do anything different. :ohwell:

Comment

Thanks for the reply. This is an outsourcing company getting taken over by another outsourcing company, so they'll look to move things to India where ever they can to save on costs. I think redundancy is highly likely, but wondered if there was a 'safe' period post TUPE.

Terrible news on your dismissal, that's the sort of cheap tactics we have in store I think.

Comment

I am a realist I believe if they want to make your or anyone redundant they will,now is the time to get advice and get the best deal you can Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by barrygoddard View Post
          Thanks for the reply. This is an outsourcing company getting taken over by another outsourcing company, so they'll look to move things to India where ever they can to save on costs. I think redundancy is highly likely, but wondered if there was a 'safe' period post TUPE.

Terrible news on your dismissal, that's the sort of cheap tactics we have in store I think.
          It was exactly the same in my case, the outsourcing outfit (one of the biggest around) set up offices in India and over half of the work was moved there. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

My case was ten years ago by the way, that's when they started shifting work to India. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Comment

This was already outsourced to us 10 years ago, without off shoring there is no way there can make savings.

It's a massive company I'm talking about, one of the big 4.

Does anyone know the actual TUPE law about redundancy after TUPE?

It certainly doesn't bode well for anyone on board at the moment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X