• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

This cant be right surley? Taking someone on before hearing the appeal....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This cant be right surley? Taking someone on before hearing the appeal....

Hi again.

I have been told I have an appeal date against my dismissal on Monaday 12th August.

However I have just heard that the company have already replaced me and that person is starting tomorrow. How can they hire someone whilst I am appealing?

Ive done nothing wrong other than care about the company I worked for........

Is there any point in me going to my appeal hearing as the company have already replaced me......

The new employment laws for unfair dismissal suck!!!!!

sorry guys im so angry right now.
    Tags: None

Re: This cant be right surley? Taking someone on before hearing the appeal....

To be honest, join the queue with that view. It is amazing just how little protection we have. Still worth the appeal, no matter what, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by mellyham View Post
      Hi again.

I have been told I have an appeal date against my dismissal on Monaday 12th August.

However I have just heard that the company have already replaced me and that person is starting tomorrow
      . How can they hire someone whilst I am appealing?

Ive done nothing wrong other than care about the company I worked for........

Is there any point in me going to my appeal hearing as the company have already replaced me......

The new employment laws for unfair dismissal suck!!!!!

sorry guys im so angry right now.
      There is definitely a point if you intend to take the matter further, such as submitting an ET claim. Without knowing the circumstances, it's hard to tell what your prospects of success would be, and these days you'll have to pay to submit a claim and make a further payment for a hearing. Employers often offer you a settlement consisting of a modest sum and an agreed reference, to save themselves the cost and trouble of fighting your claim, that has been the case with myself as well as a few others I know. :thumb:

Most appeal hearings are just mere formalities, hardly anyone gets re-instated on appeal, and, to be honest, you probably wouldn't want to, once things have gone that far. I recall my appeal, where my biggest fear was that possibility (although it was very, very remote). I didn't attend my disciplinary but did attend my appeal hearing, otherwise you can't take things further.

Would be useful to have some more details about your employment and why you were dismissed... :confused2:

Comment

There is a related thread/post here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...125#post363125

Comment

Hi mellyham,

We would need a bit (lot) more info to be able to comment on this.

& don't call me Shirley

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I've heard about this happening all the time, not really much you can do :/ let us know what ends up happening?

Comment

See mellyham's other thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-years-service
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                There is a related thread/post here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...125#post363125
                Ooopsy! :doh:
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X