• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    How hard can it be. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't do drugs, he hasn't got a criminal record, and he's got a job. The only negative is he's been the victim of red tape which has made him homeless
    He isn't - yet - seeking political asylum. :rolleyes2: :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Pity there's no friendly journalist reading this thread...

or is there? :rofl:
      There's one posting on this thread... :typing:

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      TWEETED
      :high5: :high5: :high5:

Comment

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
        As far as my lawyer is concerned,I'm not happy with how she's communicating with me and I feel that I'll have to find and point out as many crucial stuff that she can use while she presents my case later today afternoon.
        Court hearings tend to finish at 4 pm prompt so by now George will know his fate. I'll send him a PM later in case he doesn't feel like logging in. He'll get my PM by email alert anyway

Comment

So where will George be sleeping tonight? The night buses kick in when the tube closes after midnight in London. Here is a list of George's possible *homes* tonight:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...ght-buses.aspx

I think this makes the point.

Comment

How does it work for him then Plan B? Can he buy a ticket and stay on all night, or does he have to keep on and on changing bus throughout the night while trying to get some sleep?

Comment

Apologies guys for a late response and update I have a lot to explain but this was due to several reasons of which are related to my current situation.Basically me and my employer who came to show support got there at around 13hrs but the barrister was late. But she spoke with the council representatives (the housing officer who evicted me was one of them) so basically the other person was just a council official but not a legal representative who she gave him "skeleton arguments document " he said took it did not read the contents.

When we got in the judge was a lady and from what I found out later she was new and in training while being monitored by another senior judge. Apparently this new judge thorough (might be something o do with being shadowed by senior judge ). Anyway she said she got the barrister's skeleton arguments and Gen went as far as to cite one of prcedent cases as argued by the barrister in the presented document. I can't remember the full title of the book but she showed the cover which is BLUE and has a title name which starts with PROCESS .....

Any way my barrister argued that I paid the rent before eviction and in not disputing the chronology of events but pointed out that the opposing (council) decision to evict me was the manner that they did was abuse of process and this has left me sleeping rough. All this time the council reps were quite and when asked they repeated the same lies (as far as dates are concerned as same as go back and seek legal advise from their lawyers and answer what's argued in the skeleton arguments by my barrister and asked them if they could bring any more supporting or additional evidence.

So adjourned the case to 19th of August. My barrister accepted the date but asked the judge that the respondent wil have to pay the court and additional costs.From there I went straight to homeless which to my surprise had all my information and apparently they were expecting me since Friday even though I was evicted on Thursday and they were the same people who said I do not qualify because I don't have a previous conviction or CRiminal record, I'm not a drug addict, I don't drink or smoke and don't gamble either so I had to give them my details and they got me a bed and breakfast as temporary but they insisted that im "intentional homeless" so I shouldn't get my hopes high.

Since I've not been paid from my employer (will get paid on 15th) so decided to apply for housing benefit just incase. The bnb costs about £40 per night. Tomorrow I'm going for an interview with homeless people but I fear they've already disqualified me on the "intentional homeless" basis.

So far i still don't know my fate but the fact that tonight I won't be sleeping on a night bus I feel like I've made progress even though mentally I'm still shaken by the whole experience. So far I've got no idea where my professions are and the council has failed to get back to me despite numerous enquiries. I guess I'll have to go there tomorrow in person.

Apologies for typos as I'm typing from my phone.I also wish to express my gratitude to LB forum members here who feel like are my new family in these adversity times I'm going through. I guess I'll have to find out title of that book that my barrister used to argue my case today but you guys have given me lease of life.I shall answer your other questions as I read them but any advice will be appreciated.
              Last edited by George Smiley; 5th August 2013, 23:29:PM. Reason: Helping George make his phone work like a PC ;)

Comment

I just want to say I'm so glad you're not sleeping in a bus tonight, but have your own space, with your own bed, water, shower etc... That is a big difference to last night.

We have a homeless person living with us at present, and they thought they'd gone to heaven when they got facilities that we take for granted back.

The legal side will sort itself. For now, I'm just glad you've a roof over your head.

Comment

Sleep well tomorrow is the start of the end of all this shite hopefully no one in any council can be allowed to treat people like this you admitted your mistakes but paid up before they kicked you out,this is 21st century caring society ha bloody ha

Comment

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
                    So adjourned the case to 19th of August. My barrister accepted the date but asked the judge that the respondent wil have to pay the court and additional costs.From there I went straight to homeless . . . .

. . . . so I had to give them my details and they got me a bed and breakfast as temporary but they insisted that im "intentional homeless" so I shouldn't get my hopes high.

So far i still don't know my fate but the fact that tonight I won't be sleeping on a night bus I feel like I've made progress even though mentally I'm still shaken by the whole experience. . .

. . . .I also wish to express my gratitude to LB forum members here who feel like are my new family in these adversity times I'm going through. I guess I'll have to find out title of that book that my barrister used to argue my case today but you guys have given me lease of life.I shall answer your other questions as I read them but any advice will be appreciated.
                    Wow. This is progress indeed :high5: From night bus to a B & B in 24 hours is a giant step. Let's see what Legal Beagles can do to help you with your ongoing fight when you return to court on 19th August. We'll have loads of questions for you before then, but for now there is nothing more to say other than Goodnight and sleep well :sleep:

I've sent you a PM which you can deal with tomorrow. No rush

Comment

George, I echo the other comments. Rest well tonight.

WHICH COUNCIL IS THIS????
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                        WHICH BLOODY COUNCIL IS THIS????
                        I've fixed your post for you.

I'd guess it is either Westminster (who, ever since "Dame" Shirley Porter, have tended to abandon any vestiges of humanity) or Lambeth, who recently dropped themselves in the mire with a similar case - link

Also see link and link

Comment

Hi George - I saw your post appear earlier and did not comment, as your problem is "Not my area." I am so pleased that you have had help, and got yourself a bed to sleep in - and a private place to think in. For better or worse, you have even got CleverClogs involved - and he is merciless, as you will discover !!!

I'm now a 'Council' tenant, and thus have a 'secure' tenancy in that respect - but I am a family guy, and I have slept in the car when we have had violent disagreement. The End of the World - as I knew it - seemed imminent, and I considered suicide. Whether we admit it or not, many of us here have done so - or even attempted it. Especially in the shadow of Cloggy's wretchedly apt humour - damn the man !!!

When you have a family, I think the L.A. (aka 'Council') have to favour you, and you get 'privileges' for that. When you are single, it seems that you may not qualify for those. With max. respect - I get the impression that age may be the next best consideration that you could apply, and might be worth looking into.

Meanwhile - I applaud the help and support of the other wretches in here in helping to get you a place to sleep, where you are not pummelled by the incessant beat of a 47 Horse-Power London Omnibus. Stay in control of this, good man - and you will once again walk in the sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            I've fixed your post for you.

I'd guess it is either Westminster (who, ever since "Dame" Shirley Porter, have tended to abandon any vestiges of humanity) or Lambeth, who recently dropped themselves in the mire with a similar case - link

Also see link and link
                            Lambeth Council covers Clapham.

& George does seem like a 'reasonable man'....................

Murphy's Law strikes again?

(Though, I hasten to add, hopefully not with such dire consequences!)

http://graysdictionary.blogspot.co.u...m-omnibus.html

Last edited by charitynjw; 6th August 2013, 03:32:AM.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

OMG - I always thought that the Clapham Omnibus guy was a fictional representative of the "Voice of the Common Man." Mr Smiley - you also have 'Chaz' (aka "Nobby" - a fully paid-up member of Frank Dashwood's Hellfire Club, last time I checked) on the case here, too. You could do worse, believe me - I AM checking on this, though.

Mate - DO please keep your sense of humour at a time like this. Essential conduct if you're truly British.

Comment

Any news?
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X