• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

here is an email i sent my supposed keyworker earlier today. I am vulnerabe disabled and soon to be made homeless on at best a highly exaggerated claim by a genesis lline manager who has been out to get me for months. This is a personal matter of a serious nature, done to me for no good reason other than i ask questions she does not care to answer. If somebody can help me please get in touch. Thanks

to martin.o'neill

Martin

Thanks for not turning up to my appeal, though I am hardly surprised. As a result, i went into the meeting without any back up whatsoever from my supposed key worker, oh and Judith was, despite saying she would remain neutral, on the side of the prosecution as it were. I am no longer surprised by the failure to turn up, it is just another notch on the belt of Genesis' staff lies, falsehoods and inaction. If you so called "key workers" actually had to get up off your backsides and do anything that remotely resembles working with or assisting the people assigned to your care, God help us. Not only do you not help, it has been my experience here that you actually go out of your way to put obstacles in people's paths, well some of us in any case. Most recent case of double standards? Our licence agreement clearly states that no pets are to be kept by anyone on the premises. But these rules have been bent under the house rules to say that if you arrive with a dog then you can be accepted with a dog. Such was the case made to support Bill and his dog Murphy. However, Bill was recently charged, tried and convicted on 2 counts of assault, and one count of making threats to kill, and is no longer welcome at St. Anne's house. And guess what, Donna has been granted permission to keep Murphy here, despite it not being her dog, and when she arrived here she was not accepted with a dog in her possession, so I would like to hear a plausible reason as to why she has been granted this privilege whilst the rest of us are denied the same opportunity? And please try to offer up something a little better than your colleague Peter Bacon, who stated that as the dog causes the least trouble it has been granted a licence. For crying out loud, that is so insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence, and a real slap in the face for me personally, as it is apparent that Genesis would prefer to help an animal, whilst at the same time making a disabled man homeless. I asked you when you strongly encouraged me to appeal why you thought that I should, and I ventured the perspective that it was only for appearances sake, so that you could say that procedure had been followed. To be blunt, the decision had already been made prior to my meeting with Dawn Taylor, who was in her manner of address to me extremely curt if not downright rude, totally dismissive of any of the reasons that I put in mitigation, and who had clearly made up her mind as to the outcome well in advance of the meeting, just as I had foretold during our discussion. When I asked why Rita Goodrum saw fit to intervene in the arrangement between you and I re. telephoning my son in Australia, without bothering to tell me, she brushed that off as human error, yet the facts that I was a) patently unwell on the day in question, b) had not slept in 3 days, and c) was under extreme stress also, were dismissed with the words "Well, we all have things going on in our lives don't we?". Talk about double standards. And yet a further example of favouritism/discrimination here is when Aaron, resident of room 7 is handed a colour television from the staff sleeping quarters, where it was allegedly in storage, I asked Judith Gilby and Peter Bacon as to when I might reasonably expect my television set i was told that Genesis are not in the habit of handing out t.v.'s to every resident. No, just some it appears. And to further insult my intelligence, Judith Gilby then said that Aaron was given the television "under my instructions and with my knowledge and blessing", as if that is supposed to justify the blatant discrimination displayed in this case?. All I have ever asked for was to be treated fairly, and that every resident should be treated under the same set of rules, a level playing field, as it were. To say that this has not been my experience here would be the understatement of the century. Please explain to me, if you will, why is it that Donna Hanmore, who has infinitely more warnings than I is still here? When I made a complaint of her falsely spreading lies of what I deemed to be an innapropriate sexual relationship between Tessa Garner, myself and Paul Gilby, I waiited 7 weeks before being told by Judith Gilby (no relation), that "Oh yes, she has been spoken to about that". Despite it being a matter of record that was written into the minutes of the March house meeting typed by Judith Gilby, wherein she stated that she would write to the complainants, namely myself Paul and Tessa, to acknowledge our 3 complaints on this matter, and that she had also written to us detailing the results of her investigations and the outcomes of same, the three of us have not received either the acknowledgement letter or the letter detailing the investigations and outcome/results. A blatant in your face lie. When i repeatedly pressed Judith Gilby for a response, she stonewalled me on numerous occasions with a lame excuse that she was awaiting the police's advice before proceeding. Given my Paul and Tessa's complaints did not involve the police at all, and that it was for yet another offence of criminal damage to another residents moped that Judith was awaiting police instructions on, I would like to know why my repeated questions were simply brushed aside. It is my considered opinion that Judith Gilby as manager, and the rest of you as "key workers" do not afford everybody the same opportunities, that this demonstrated and provable discrimination is unlawful under the Discrimination Act, and I further allege that I have personally been discriminated against under the Disability Discrimination Act 2005, and I shall be seeking the correct advice as to how to proceed with an action against Genesis Housing. After all, when Judith Gilby states that "it is a very hard decision to make to take someone's home away from them and make them homeless, and it is not a decision i take lightly" in reference to Ms Hanmore, she clearly does not afford me or others before me the same level of consideration when making us homeless. On other issues, I notice that 5 months after it was brought to management's attention we still have no hot water in either the bath, sinks in the bathroom and lavatories nor the sinks in our rooms, so this email will be forwarded to South Norfolk Council for their perusal also. I shall make mention of the vermin in the rubbish bins, and the state of uncleanliness of the kitchen and cooking facilities, the ovens which i had previously volunteered to clean, well, unsurprisingly I no longer feel obliged to do that, nor will I be paying the increased top up payment supposed to have come in to effect at the beginning of April, as under the terms of Genesis' Licence Agreement, no less than four weeks notice is to be given in writing advising of any increase in charges. To date I, and the other residents have not yet received such written notification, and the consensus of opinion amongst the residents is that it will not be paid until said 4 weeks notice is given, preferably delivered either in person or to our mailboxes. In my case it is too late anyway now to issue the requisite notice, and the dog I am getting will I take it be welcome for the remainder of my time here, given the recent concession granted to Ms. Hanmore on the same subject?

Yours disappointedly

Comment

Hello George

Are things still going well for you?

I've only just read through your last update in 2015 and am surprised to see counsel was of the opinion that you had no claim for compensation when I recall the history of your homelessness.

Take care of yourself.

Di

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
      Ok thanks will try to be as brief as possible.

I never got any questions since my last post but I will keep you guys updated.

1. The council gave me a new tenancy agreement with lots of errors as means of getting me back to my old flat. I signed it even though I've been a tenant for 10 years.

2. They brought back my possessions (some were lost and other s were damaged)

3. They paid for my legal costs to my lawyer (around £5,000) chunk of it went to the barrister, lawyer and few people that I owed.

4. After 3 months they moved me to a new accommodation as a decant tenant (they're knocking down the old tower block) and gave me another tenancy agreement

5. They paid out the decant allowance (I believe this is a standard procedure)

6. I went to see a new barrister in regards to my my intent for compensation claim. (This new barrister took almost 3 months to write a legal opinion and looks like he want familiar with my situation and didn't read properly what the previous counsel wrote and didn't even look at the grounds which the council had to let me back in) In his opinion I CANNOT CLAIM any compensation from the council. ( I could have posted the draft argument but no one responded to my the initial legal argument as stated by previous barrister).

7. I got back to work but its been impossible to get new permanent job after the event with the council.

8. The positive thing is I'm now registered as a self employed and have been getting few jobs as business consultant even though I still work part time. I'm looking forward for a much better contract.

9. I understand that I have statute limits (not sure how long) but I need to be sure on the grounds to sue for compensation.

10. My biggest good news is someone is willing to borrow me with downpayment towards my current flay. But my worry is the new flat. I'm not sure where I stand if I want to buy it considering now I have 3 tenancy agreements with my local authority.

The first is the 10 yrs which I had issues with and led me to LB
      The second is the the one (which has lots of errors) they gave me to get me back to my same flat they possessed
      The third is the one which I currently have after moving into the new flat.

Otherwise. Its always good to be back and I will see how I can assist others in here.

Comment

Are you still with us George?

Would love to know what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Lukearron View Post
          Are you still with us George?

Would love to know what happened
          Me too.

Let me see what I can find out since I was in touch with George at the time (before I joined my current law firm).

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X