• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N1 received - Advice needed please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N1 received - Advice needed please!

Originally posted by Enom View Post
    Makes sense to get the information then if he'll be able to rely on it eventually anyway, sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the clarification! Based on the particulars of claim, I am asking for invoices and payment receipts, as these appear to be the only two items sort-of mentioned.

In regards to the agreement, should I also ask for this as per the template above? The contract was only ever electronically signed and I already hold a copy of this.
    Like I mentioned on my post above, the CPR 31.14 letter is just an example and it has to be amended to suit whatever your particulars of claim state. Most people on here receive claims for credit agreements, which is what that's an item mentioned on the example letter, it may not be relevant in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Like I mentioned on my post above, the CPR 31.14 letter is just an example and it has to be amended to suit whatever your particulars of claim state. Most people on here receive claims for credit agreements, which is what that's an item mentioned on the example letter, it may not be relevant in your case.
      I have now sent the CPR 31.14 letter registered post first class today. I checked in to CPR PD 16 para 7.3 and it seemed appropriate as the dispute was in regards to a contract and so should normally be supplied with any particulars of claim as stated in that part of CPR so included a slightly modified request as in the template, in addition to invoices and payment receipts. In the mean time I am compiling all invoices I hold and payment receipts from my bank confirming when payment was sent in preparation of completing my defence that every invoice received was paid in full.

Once I've completed my defence I will be back in touch - thank you everyone for your help so far!

Comment

Hello,

It has been a week and the letter I sent recorded delivery still shows as not being received or signed for. I am unsure if this is due to it being rejected or a signature being unable to be obtained hence non-delivery, or otherwise. I have sent another first class letter without sign-for via the post which should arrive today, so that at least I can demonstrate two letters have been sent and the likelihood of both getting "lost" is unlikely. Anyone else faced similar issues? My concern is that I'm fast approaching my deadline and I am unsure whether I should just proceed in 7 days time along the lines of no response received?

Thanks,

Comment

Hey!

I haven't received any documents back to my CPR 31.14 request and my cut off date is just a couple of days away, I've written a full defence in any case, with a spreadsheet showing all invoices and payments made equalling a zero balance, and also attached all said invoices and payment receipts from Natwest stapled to each invoice to show the date and time and amounts sent to the person. My defence includes the following points (summarised it below to save clutter).

*removed to prevent claimant attempting to google my letter *

Thoughts? Thanks again everyone for your help and please excuse my ignorance if I've misinterpreted anything in the above!
          Last edited by Enom; 15th August 2013, 13:25:PM.

Comment

I would suggest PMing Celestine :yo: with a link to the above before sending anything. :typing:

Comment

Every invoice was paid you have the proof whats the claim for?

Comment

Thanks FlamingParrot - will do!

wales01man - The claim is "The amount due is in respect to monies due to xx in respect of under paid invoices that were due between xx/xx/2012 and xx/xx/2013 for the sum of £####." We've got copies of the invoices and the payments sent, and compiled all these in to a statement for the whole period to show a zero balance.

Comment

Case won by OP then again what case?

Comment

If anyone could take a brief read through this, see if there is something I am missing or should remove, it would be much appreciated - got to send this off tomorrow morning to ensure it gets there on time. Also, would it be appropriate to send all supporting documents to the courts rather than just a summary statement? It is about an inch thick of papers with all the invoices and payment slips to date.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Enom View Post
                    Hey!

I haven't received any documents back to my CPR 31.14 request and my cut off date is just a couple of days away, I've written a full defence in any case, with a spreadsheet showing all invoices and payments made equalling a zero balance, and also attached all said invoices and payment receipts from Natwest stapled to each invoice to show the date and time and amounts sent to the person. My defence includes the following points (summarised it below to save clutter).

*removed to prevent claimant attempting to google my letter *

Thoughts? Thanks again everyone for your help and please excuse my ignorance if I've misinterpreted anything in the above!
                    Last edited by Enom; 15th August 2013, 13:24:PM.

Comment

As I have hit my deadline I've sent off what I had done as-is to the courts with all documents by special before 1pm delivery.

I will keep everyone up to speed as the case proceeds (and hopefully thrown out)!

Thanks again.

Comment

Removed
                        Last edited by Enom; 4th October 2013, 23:33:PM. Reason: Due to a lack of a reply and for privacy I have removed this post.

Comment

Since resolved myself - thanks anyway!
                          Last edited by Enom; 12th November 2013, 16:21:PM. Reason: Since resolved myself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X