• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Safestyle cancellation problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safestyle cancellation problem

Hi folks - Looking for advice on the following with Safestyle
    I have responded to a safestyle thread but then read my welcome email so many apologies if my scatter gun approach is not the way to do things!

Sales rep offered good deal and said we had 21 days to cancel. We never buy like this usually but with 21 days to cancel and of course that "sign now discount" being key to the overall price we went ahead.
    On the contract there are several points and point 9 mentions the 21 day cancellation for contract variants etc. I didn't understand this so asked for an explanation and was advised that it's to protect both parties (words to that effect). But don't worry 21 days is the cancel time.
    So we were reassured three times (two witnesses on our side too) it was 21 days and point 9 on the contract refers to 21 days. What I hadn't seen overleaf was the "7 day cancel" thing but why would I look for something that hadn't been mentioned
    Next day called customer service and said we wouldn't want to proceed without seeing the actual proper designs and I was worried the 21 days would be up before they wer sent. I was advised that by calling in to dispute something the 21 days was negated anyway. Great we can all relax
    Anyway we had a change of heart and emailed to cancel within 21 days
    Of course we are now being told it's not possible. I could go on about the contradictions we've had on phone calls etc but I'm just keen to know where we stand given we were repeatedly assured it was 21 days and then "negated"
    We haven't even seen the designs yet either!
    I think we've got a case irrespective of the fact I've signed and there is a 7 day notice on there (for the above reasons)
    Any help would be appreciated before I speak to them again
    HK
    Tags: None

Re: Safestyle cancellation problem

Where was the contract signed? at your home or place of work?

What does it say about cooling off period? what does it say about rights to cancel?

Did you invite the sales man to your home ? ie was it a solicited or unsolicited visit?

What does the "7 day" notice say?
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi
      Signed at home
      Cooling off not mentioned specifically it just says on the other side to the T&C's (which we didn't see) if you wish to cancel you must do in writing "within 7 days of the receipt of this notice"
      Appointment made with Safestyle so it was planned
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HKPhooey View Post
        Hi
        Signed at home
        Cooling off not mentioned specifically it just says on the other side to the T&C's (which we didn't see) if you wish to cancel you must do in writing "within 7 days of the receipt of this notice"
        Appointment made with Safestyle so it was planned
        Thanks
        Btw, the 7 days include the day on which you signed, even if you signed at 11.59 pm.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks and whats your advice given we've been lied to? Or are you checking on that (sorry!)

Comment

Could you post up the T&C's which should have been given to you when you signed?
            Plus a copy of your signed agreement (both/all sides) with your personal details removed. (Don't deface the original copy, though!)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi I tried to but it says there is a sizing problem and I need to re-size them
              I have no idea how to do that

Any suggestions?
              Could I email them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X