• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong name on statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong name on statement

Hi I am new to this forum and any advice is appreciated.
    Several years ago my CC account was taken over by Marbles (was formally with
    BENEFICIAL
    )
    I only recently discovered The name on the statement was DR D Wxxxxxxx instead of Mr D Wxxxxxx.
    I very seldom see my statement as I work away from home and as I don't use my CC I just make a payment
    each month. The balance is just under £7000 so I try to pay Min payment plus as much as I can to reduce the balance.
    How I came to notice was a few months ago I payed min amount as I thought but it was £3 short and of course I was
    charged with a late payment fee.When I phoned to sort it out I was addressed as DR. Wxxxxx which I thought was odd,
    and on checking my statements I discovered their error.
    I then phoned them asking for a copy of the original CC agreement and a copy of T&C.
    That was 8 weeks ago and I have still not received it.
    My question is,am I liable for the balance as it isn't addressed to me and if not am I entitled
    to a refund of all the money payed to them?
    What is the best way to sort this out?
    Tags: None

Re: Wrong name on statement

The slight error with the name is of no significance at all.

As for the CCA request, as you asked for it by phone, they have no obligation to comply with t. If you want a copy of your agreement and the T&C's you would have to send it via post, along with the statutory £1.00 fee.

I'm intrigued as to why discovering a long running error with the name on your account should have led to you suddenly wanting a copy of the agreement? Certainly as things stand at present you are liable for the balance, as long as you are sure it is your account. You haven't said anything to indicate otherwise. This might (only might) change depending on the result of your CCA request. You will not get any refund of monies paid.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      The slight error with the name is of no significance at all.

As for the CCA request, as you asked for it by phone, they have no obligation to comply with t. If you want a copy of your agreement and the T&C's you would have to send it via post, along with the statutory £1.00 fee.

I'm intrigued as to why discovering a long running error with the name on your account should have led to you suddenly wanting a copy of the agreement? Certainly as things stand at present you are liable for the balance, as long as you are sure it is your account. You haven't said anything to indicate otherwise. This might (only might) change depending on the result of your CCA request. You will not get any refund of monies paid.
      Golden Rule - always get proof of postage. You can ask for a free certificate of posting at the P.O.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Labman thank you for your swift reply,it gives me something to go on and I will need to check past statements to be sure
        nothing is charged to the account belonging to someone else.
        I know I have been lax in keeping a closer check on it when I am away from home working.
        Thanks again.

Comment

If you are sure you have not been doctored, perhaps your account has been? msl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X