• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Third Party Debt Order - Paypal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Party Debt Order - Paypal

I have a High Court judgment for costs in my faavour. The other side hasn't paid. I know he has a paypal account, but I don't know details of any UK bank accounts he might hold.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Third Party Debt Order to freeze a paypal account?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Third Party Debt Order - Paypal

It wouldn't be worth it as there is probably nothing in the paypal account.

If you know the other sides address etc (which you must do if you took them to court), then you can go back to the court for a warrant of execution. This will unleash the courts bailiff who will attend the other sides property to size goods to the value of what they owe you, including additional court cost.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Thanks teaboy2, I will investigate.

The judgment was given in Manchester High Court, but I understand that I can apply for a warrant of execution in the High or County Court. What's the difference?
      Last edited by apocalypsedreams; 26th July 2013, 21:09:PM.

Comment

County Court bailiff is weak, High Court Enforcement officers have more powers.

I have used "the sherrifs" before, and they are very good, and deal with all the paperwork on your behalf. I would send them in, they also recover their costs from the opponent if they recover any monies for you.
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
          I have used "the sherrifs" before, and they are very good, and deal with all the paperwork on your behalf. I would send them in, they also recover their costs from the opponent if they recover any monies for you.
          If they are unable to recover any money, who then pays their remarkable fees?

Comment

Off the top of my head, I think if they fail to collect the debt, the OP is only charged £60.00.

Comment

I am inclined to believe (from watching the telly) that the only fee payable is £60 if they fail to get your monies

Comment

And how much money does it cost to get a high court order to enable use of HCEOs?is the debt over the threshold for this thought it was £600

Comment

How much does it cost to use a High Court Enforcement Officer?

Using the High Court for enforcement means that a fee of £60.00 has to be paid on sealing the Writ addressed to the High Court Enforcement Officer of your choice.

http://www.hceoa.org.uk/faq/do-you-n...t-officer.html
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    Off the top of my head, I think if they fail to collect the debt, the OP is only charged £60.00.
                    Plus VAT!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                      Plus VAT!
                      = £72.00

Comment

A caveat on this: since last year, once HCE is in possession of a writ of control, it is obliged to issue notification of its intent to attend, which must be sent to the debtor at their address, at least seven days before HCE attends. This is supposed to trigger the debtor into taking some action, either by getting ready for repayment, or to allow them enough time to apply for a stay of execution.

In most cases, according to the HCE Officers' Association, advance notice works well, and most debts are recovered. Where it fails, is if the debtor is wilfully avoiding repayment, in which case the warning letter will give them ample time to move out temporarily, taking their valuable goods with them, and as the notice has a relatively short shelf life, repayment is avoided.
                        Last edited by Barista!; 23rd May 2019, 15:21:PM.

Comment

Please look at the dates. The original thread is 2013, and then the law changed to require 1 weeks notice, shame really as it originally give them time to "lose" things.

Comment

That's why I added the caveat - in case anyone came looking - and didn't know about the changes. I did talk to the HCEOA, and they were adamant that overall, the results were more fruitful with the warning shot across the bows!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X