• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forthcoming ATOS assessment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forthcoming ATOS assessment.

When my wife had her assessment many of the questions were related to her mobility and how far she could walk yes she is disabled in that sense the OP may be in another when they have the assessment they will answer questions relating to all aspects of their life if they are genuine no problem

Comment

I've seen cases where they demand that the person attend an assessment centre miles from home (15 miles in one case), then they suggest that, as the person has been able to attend, there's nothing wrong with them.
      I reckon they have based their manual on 'Catch 22'!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Roll on the introduction of the new company. Anyone know when they start working as well as ATOS?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Anyone know when they start working as well as ATOS?
          From day one, if they subscribe to the same addled "standards" as ATOS <spit>.

Do you recall that covertly filmed "training course"?

"If they have only one finger working and can press one button, they'll score nothing for [loss of] manual dexterity!".

Needless to say, the official guide says otherwise - for example, it mentions the ability to pick up coins, which that heartless Eastern European yachneh never even considered.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            it mentions the ability to pick up coins

.... though not necessarily with your hands. Toes, teeth, or any other contortion means you are fully able bodied.

Comment

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...y-atos-2194951

Join the fight..

Have you or your family been affected by the cuts? Or have you been shocked by how your area has been hit?
              I want to reveal what’s really happening around the country every week.
              POST: Real Britain, Daily Mirror, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP
              CALL: 020 7293 3000 and ask for the Real Britain desk.
              TWEET: @realbritainros
              EMAIL: realbritain@mirror.co.uk

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                .... though not necessarily with your hands. Toes, teeth, or any other contortion means you are fully able bodied.
                Perhaps the new company will claim that some "customers" are blessed with a prehensile penis?

Comment

Somewhat straying a bit this thread,whilst I like many others deplore the way some say the assessments are carried out they are definetly needed,when we went to the centre there were while we were there 5 others in there one in a wheelchair,one walking unaided but with obvious problems my wife on 2 sticks with a file of medical info and 3 young men under 30 walking with no problem and no obvious disabilities this is what I saw ,I know my wifes problems but could only guess if the others were genuine, this is why these assessments are needed so those who attend can produce evidence and answer questions to determine if they are what they say they are

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                    this is why these assessments are needed so those who attend can produce evidence and answer questions to determine if they are what they say they are
                    I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The problem is that it appears they can produce plenty of evidence and answer the questions, but still be deemed fit for work when they are not.

To my mind, it would be fairer if ATOS were paid a flat fee for the contract, rather than receive more money for assessing people as fit for work. Do they not have a conflict of interest?

Comment

Somewhat straying a bit this thread,whilst I like many others deplore the way some say the assessments are carried out they are definetly needed,when we went to the centre there were while we were there 5 others in there one in a wheelchair,one walking unaided but with obvious problems my wife on 2 sticks with a file of medical info and 3 young men under 30 walking with no problem and no obvious disabilities this is what I saw ,I know my wifes problems but could only guess if the others were genuine, this is why these assessments are needed so those who attend can produce evidence and answer questions to determine if they are what they say they are
                      One should also say, of course, someone in a wheelchair, and someone on sticks may equally be swinging the lead. There's plenty of them around, as well as those who 'appear' to have no obvious disability.

Comment

3 young men under 30 walking with no problem and no obvious disabilities
                        Of those three, one may suffer from epilepsy, another may have PTSD and flash-backs to when he was shot in Afghanistan, whilst the third might be afflicted with bipolar disorder which was hitherto called a manic-depressive state.

None of those is commonly known to interfere significantly with walking, yet each can present problems with working.

Comment

Dr Wood wanted to conduct actual medicals “not ask people whether they owned a cat”.

Alarm bells first sounded at a WCA training session he attended in June 2011.

He says loose interpretations of official guidelines were being offered by trainers, “such as ‘if they can walk from room to room, they can walk 200 metres, which equals no points’.”

When Dr Wood pointed out that walking from room to room was not at all the same as walking 200 metres, he says his objection was dismissed.
                          That's why I believe that IDS deserves an Atomic Wedgie:
                          Attached Files

Comment

http://wowpetition.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Signed.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

If any of the young men had any of these problems or went to any warzone I would be surprised I said a could only guess if any of the others were genuine looks can deceive that's why these assessments are needed I would agree they are probably going about it the wrong way if any one can fool a health professional and several surgeons scans and other tests they deserve to get away with pulling a fast one

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X