• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Direct Debit taken a week early!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Debit taken a week early!

I have a bank loan with the Yorkshire Bank, with direct debits scheduled to go out on 20th of the month, this was a pain as I don't get paid until 28th. On Tuesday 16th I called YB and asked if I could change the DD date to the 29th, I was told that this was not a problem, and the lady changed the date while I was on the phone, and confirmed that the payment for July would not be taken until 29th. On Sat morning I went to the cash point and my account was empty, I called the YB customer help line and eventually was put through to the Online Loans dept who said that the loan was still showing as being paid on 20th rather than 29th, so that as far as they were concerned everything was in order. I explained that I had been told the date had been changed and confirmed, and taking the money early had left me in financial hardship. They agreed to extend my overdraft limit by £300 to give me some money over the weekend, if I needed to extend it further to give them a call and they would arrange it, and that dd money would be returned to me on Monday (today). The money was not back in my account this morning, and having used almost all the overdraft money on paying the rent, I am now left with about £40 until Friday. I called YB again this morning and explained what had transpired over the weekend to be told that 1) they would NOT increase my overdraft further, and 2) they would NOT be putting the money back into my account as I should have given them 10 days notice to change the dd date not the 4 that I had done. What are my options please?
    One life - Live it!
    Tags: None

Re: Direct Debit taken a week early!

You may want to look at this for info regarding DDs taken on the wrong date and how to complain: http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectD...tpayments.aspx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X