• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yes Car Credit...gone as far as I can now need advice for court claim please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Car Credit...gone as far as I can now need advice for court claim please

We purchased a car from Yes Car Credit in 2002. We've gone through all the usual channels and got nowhere so now it's time to take them to court. As is usual with YCC we we forced to take out the PPI and warranties, being told that we could not have the car if we did not take them. They took the deposit from the insurances and not the cost of the car, etc, etc.

I am trying to sort out my particulars of claim, but I really need to get it right. Can somebody take a look please and let me know if I'm on the right track or what I need to add in/take out. It's not quite finished yet, but any help would be gratefully received. If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Yes Car Credit...gone as far as I can now need advice for court claim please

Hi and welcome
    I have never dealt with PPI by court, but maybe someone here have done, and will be along at some point soon, so bumping this the same time for you.

First of all, I note you said you tried all avenues? Do you mean you tried the insurer/underwriter as well? (Many try this avenue) as the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) also suggest if complaints are rejected because the broking business who set up and sold the finance with PPI were not regulated, where the insurer/underwriter to that policy probably was.

Please could you let us know the reasons why the broker rejected your complaint? cheers.

Comment

Re: Yes Car Credit...gone as far as I can now need advice for court claim please

The insureres were NIG Skandia. I haven't gone down that route, as everything I read suggested that they send everything straight back and they don't want to know. I haven't seen anyone say that they've had success with them, so that's why I want to take them to court. I just need to make sure that the particulars of claim are right as there are no second chances.

Comment

I've also had a quick scout around this morning about how limited the underwriter route is and I honestly don't think I would have success that way. If all the underwriters had to do was check we were suitable for the cover then we would have been. They (possibly) wouldn't have been aware that we were made to take the cover.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X