• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye 'Parking Charge'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye 'Parking Charge'

ahhhh, PARKING EYE is so frustrating... I have just received a second letter (never received the first) from Parking Eye detailing that i must pay a parking charge..when I googled them, i have found so many forums saying IGNORE them! However, I notice that some recent posts are suggesting that you could go to court?? Is this penalty charge enforceable? Should I ignore or should I just pay now before the fine goes up? I, like many others was sitting in my car whilst I waited for someone..seems highly unfair???!!!!! Help.. I am a little scared!
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye 'Parking Charge'

can anyone help me I have been following peoples advice and kept ignoring parking eye notices, this morning I have received a blue claim form with a claim number for a claim in the Northampton ( ccbc ) county court is this a parking putting in a claim against for or just another way to frighten me into paying? The form is asking me to send money displayed on this form to the claimant ie parking eye. Any help and what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by lylalooloo View Post
      ahhhh, PARKING EYE is so frustrating... I have just received a second letter (never received the first) from Parking Eye detailing that i must pay a parking charge..when I googled them, i have found so many forums saying IGNORE them! However, I notice that some recent posts are suggesting that you could go to court?? Is this penalty charge enforceable? Should I ignore or should I just pay now before the fine goes up? I, like many others was sitting in my car whilst I waited for someone..seems highly unfair???!!!!! Help.. I am a little scared!

Parking Eye are taking people to court these days in fairly large numbers. Having said that the majority of these are still to be decided and of those that parking eye are gloating about nearly all are suspected to be default judgements where no defence was entered.

Whilst standard advice is that these penalties are unenforceable only a judge can actually decide this.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=post&id=16231

http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk...rking-tickets/

Your case largely depends on the circumstances. Where are you in the letter chain ? Is the driver or registered keeper being chased ? Who owns the car park ? etc etc.

It may be that you can take action to avoid court but from what you put so far i can only say you should win if it gets to court.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by michael58 View Post
        can anyone help me I have been following peoples advice and kept ignoring parking eye notices, this morning I have received a blue claim form with a claim number for a claim in the Northampton ( ccbc ) county court is this a parking putting in a claim against for or just another way to frighten me into paying? The form is asking me to send money displayed on this form to the claimant ie parking eye. Any help and what to do next would be greatly appreciated.
        Start your own thread.

Phone northampton and see if it's a scare tactic or a genuine claim.

M1

Comment

Does the claim form have a court stamp on it? If it does not, contact Northampton CCBC immediately to establish its veracity. If they confirm no claim has been registered, report the matter to the police asap. It is a criminal offence to pretend to be acting under the authority of a court, which is what sending someone a claim with no court stamp on it amounts to (Section 135, County Courts Act 1984).
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X