• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking Ltd

Hi Guys,
    This is my first posting so please go easy on me...Just received a letter this morning from a company calling themselves Smart Parking Ltd but also trading as Town and City Parking. They are based at: 5 South Inch Business Centre, Shore Road in Perth PH2 8BW.
    I have just received a letter from them informing me that: The contravention in question is Over Free Time. This is supported by 2 photos of my vehicles and the arrival/leaving times printed underneath.
    They would like me to pay £90.00 or if I stump up £45.00 over the next 14 days they will be kind enough to levy the £10.00 adminstration costs.
    This car park is opposite the local ALDI store who are currently using PARKING EYE to upset their customers.

Could anybody offer me some advice on who this company is please ?? after reading many threads I am wondering if this company operate in the same way as PE and that I should just ignore the onslaught of threatening letters which im sure will follow over the next few months.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Maxinep - Parking eye

Originally posted by Barry S View Post
    Hi Guys,
    This is my first posting so please go easy on me...Just received a letter this morning from a company calling themselves Smart Parking Ltd but also trading as Town and City Parking. They are based at: 5 South Inch Business Centre, Shore Road in Perth PH2 8BW.
    I have just received a letter from them informing me that: The contravention in question is Over Free Time. This is supported by 2 photos of my vehicles and the arrival/leaving times printed underneath.
    They would like me to pay £90.00 or if I stump up £45.00 over the next 14 days they will be kind enough to levy the £10.00 adminstration costs.
    This car park is opposite the local ALDI store who are currently using PARKING EYE to upset their customers.

Could anybody offer me some advice on who this company is please ?? after reading many threads I am wondering if this company operate in the same way as PE and that I should just ignore the onslaught of threatening letters which im sure will follow over the next few months.

Thanks

Best open your own thread.

Include which country it happened in and redacted documents and signage.

M1

Comment

Hi Barry S.
      Welcome to Legal Beagles!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Best open your own thread.

Include which country it happened in and redacted documents and signage.

M1
        I've put your post onto a new thread of your own for you.

In answer to your question http://www.smartparking.com/

Comment

Re: Smart Parking Ltd

Ignore is an option but is only the best option in Scotland.

M1

Comment

Re: Parking Eye

TCP are based in Scotland, but they also operate in England and Wales. Also, TCP have been caught instructing their employees to tell motorists porkies about the ownership of car parks. In one case I came across at a Morrisons store near my home, the TCP employee was telling everyone that the signs in the car park were the law and the car park was owned by the local council. I made enquiries with the local authority who confirmed that the car park did not belong to them, but very kindly told me exactly who it belonged to. The next time the TCP employee tried that one, the motorist called the police who, on being told of my enquiries with the council, grinned and had a very "meaningful conversation" with the TCP employee, including a warning that he could find himself in serious trouble if he tried that chestnut again. More recently, another TCP employee, whom many have nicknamed "Nobby the Gnome" due to his resemblance to a garden gnome, has been telling people they will be taken to court if they don't pay the £60 parking charge. He wasn't a very happy Nobby the Gnome when I put him straight and told him of the "meaningful conversation" one of his colleagues had had with the police.
            Last edited by labman; 10th July 2013, 13:43:PM. Reason: Post moved to relevant thread
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X