• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoping for help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping for help

Hi All, I hope someone can help me help someone else regarding my PPI thread I put up earlier, afraid i made a schoolgirl error and asked my question on another thread first as i had not checked the site out properly first, sorry all ! B
    Tags: None

Re: Hoping for help

Hi loopylearner, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

For reference, was this the other thread?
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post353655
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Hoping for help

di30, our resident PPI superstar, has replied on http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...670#post353670

di30
      VIP Member PPI StarSt Bernard

Join DateNov 2007Posts3,768Thanks (Given)1122Thanks (Received)736

Re: Barclaycard agree then takeaway PPI offer on the same day !

Originally Posted by loopylearner
      My sons girlfriend received a letter dated 07/06/13 stating her PPI claim with Barclaycard had been agreed as it was missold and the total amount she was to receive detailed, today she has received another letter dated exactly the same date stating she was unsuccesful, she phoned Barclays to be told they have no record of the first letter being sent out( oh what a surprise !) and she is not entitled to anything, she will be contacting the ombudsman regarding this but has anyone else had this happen and are there any other options I can offer her to try? She is totally distressed by this as it was quite a large sum of money.

Write to the CEO (Chief Executive officer) enclose both letters, because I'm sure if this went as far as the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) they will see through this and uphold, be better if resolved now directly by the bank though as it can take time through the FOS, but do go the FOS avenue if the CEO fails to agree on the uphold agreement letter.

Good luck, please let us know how she gets on.

She could email the CEO, but if done this way ask for an acknowledgement letter and to expect a response to this matter by 14 days the latest of the outcome of the complaint.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X