• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye fine - threatening CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye fine - threatening CCJ

Hi,

I have received a parking fine from 'parking eye' this has been sent to my mother as the car is in her name. The parking fine is for 'st.helens retail park'.
    The car park which I was on is the range car park which has only the range store on it. 'St Helens retail park' is actually a different retail park which is across town. They have pictures of the car coming in and leaving the site, however the ticket expresses the location as 'st Helens retail park'. I have been to both sites and have photographs which show that one is clearly labelled as 'st.helens retail park' and the other which is the range carpark has no signs to label this as St. Helens retail park. My sister in law previously had a ticket for the range car park (where the car was actually parked) but this actually said 'The Range' on it.
    A debt collection company is now harassing my mother as the car was originally bought in her name. I have explained the situation but they say that 'the client' (parking eye) state that this is st.helens retail park and the fine stands. They keep insisting that they have photographs but do not seem to understand my point that the photographs are of the car entering and leaving the range car park and not St. Helens retail park which is the location stated on the ticket. Possibly a clerical error but I would assume this makes the ticket void due to having the wrong location on it?
    My mother is being threatened with court action and the debt recovery company have insisted that this company (parking eye) will take me to court via CCJ amd advised that I seek legal
    guidance. My mother is very worried about this. What would you advise?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye fine - threatening CCJ

I would ask you to post up details. Tickets and letters including dates (scrub the name and address reg number) Photos of the signs etc where she parked are also good.

M1

Comment

The CEO of The Range is Chris Dawson. The Range's head office is on the Estover Industrial Estate, in Plymouth, should you wish to tackle him.

As for Porky Pie, they want to be very careful about the threats they are making. If they cannot get the location right, they may find it difficult to quantify and qualify their allegations and fatuous claim. I would put pressure on Porky Pie and their threat monkey to provide better evidence than they have so far. Photographs of a vehicle entering and leaving an area do not, in themselves, constitute evidence that a vehicle has been parked there. Have they and can they provide photographic evidence of the vehicle actually parked in the location they claim it was parked at with time-coding on the photographs to prove their allegations. I would be inclined to use the Civil Procedures Rules to your full advantage against Porky Pie and their threat monkey. I don't think they will expect you to do that and it may, actually, spook them into withdrawing their fatuous allegations and claim.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82942&hl=

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X