• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi rejection letter recieved(advice please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi rejection letter recieved(advice please)

Hi have waited 8 months and after many phone calls and letters to be told by Halifax that they have rejected my claim for ppi charges on a credit I held with them and they sent me a letter in May that said I had 28 days to respond but I never recieved it.
    They dont believe I was missold and believe it was explained to me I know it was not and am regretting some of the questions asked in the phone call from them as I quessed alot and could not remember but I do remember being told I would have a better chance of being accepted if I took out ppi. Im also shocked that the letter goes on too say that they know I am experincing financial difficulty and have included some helpline numbers.
    I had a successful and quick claim regarding loans I had with them for the same reason I gave for the cards but they have not accepted this one.
    It was 9 years ago now I was living at home in full time employment in a school employed by the council with sick pay .
    Any advice at what to write to them would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: ppi rejection letter recieved(advice please)

Hi,

Sorry to see that your claim was rejected - but I think that you're still in with a chance of appealing their decision.

The last I heard, The 28 day cut-off point was frowned upon - but I'm not sure of the current position.
    This sounds like the usual fob-off, in the hope that you will give up at the first hurdle.
    I have also seen that people have been told that the claim is statute-barred (ie more than 6 years old)
    However, that clock only starts ticking when you became aware (or should have become aware) of the problem.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58

Limitation Act 1980

32Postponement of limitation period in case of fraud, concealment or mistake.

Subject to [F26subsection (3)][F26subsections (3) and (4A)] below, where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either—
    (a)
    the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b)
    any fact relevant to the plaintiff’s right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

(c)
    the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

*I will 'message' our resident PPI expert for you.

Meanwhile, & to save some time, it would help if could you please answer the following:-
    • Was your employment status discussed at the time of sale?
    • Were you asked about current sick pay entitlement?
    • Were you asked by the Halifax if you had alternative cover elsewhere?
    • Were the full cost implications of the PPI policy completely explained to you before it was sold?
    • Did you have the option to refuse the policy?
    • Were you told that it was optional and could be purchased elsewhere?
    • Were you informed about the policy exclusions including back and stress related time off work?
    • Did you fill in ALL of the application documents yourself?
    • Is English your first language?

*Message sent
    Last edited by charitynjw; 26th June 2013, 03:32:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The Halifax is owned by the Lloyds TSB Group:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyds_Banking_Group

Lloyds (Deloitte) have been unfairly rejecting claims and have admitted same.

The advise therefore, is to re-submit claims that were turned down prior to the end of May 2013, when the Lloyds/Deloitte contract came to an end.

Please note, that the FOS are aware of the position re: the unfair rejection of PPI claims by both Lloyds TSB Group and Barclays...!

Comment

Originally posted by emeraldbreeze View Post
        Hi have waited 8 months and after many phone calls and letters to be told by Halifax that they have rejected my claim for ppi charges on a credit I held with them and they sent me a letter in May that said I had 28 days to respond but I never recieved it.
        They dont believe I was missold and believe it was explained to me I know it was not and am regretting some of the questions asked in the phone call from them as I quessed alot and could not remember but I do remember being told I would have a better chance of being accepted if I took out ppi. Im also shocked that the letter goes on too say that they know I am experincing financial difficulty and have included some helpline numbers.
        I had a successful and quick claim regarding loans I had with them for the same reason I gave for the cards but they have not accepted this one.
        It was 9 years ago now I was living at home in full time employment in a school employed by the council with sick pay .
        Any advice at what to write to them would be really appreciated.
        Thanks
        Hi and welcome
        thanks for PM Charitynjw x

Many have been receiving rejection letters from Halifax, and they seem to be generic/standard fob off letters, but do not give up and stand your ground on this complaint.

What you could do is email the CEO, I understand it's the same CEO as Lloyds TSB, and tell him of your disappointment of being rejected when you have successfully reclaimed on others with them for the same reason, so you feel something is not right here and they have overlooked your complaint that you wish this to be re-viewed by 14 days of you emailing him.
        I would enclose a copy of the rejection letter and any letters of success that state your reasons.

Was it just the credit card ppi they rejected you on where you succeeded on loan ppi? I am asking this because it is more difficult to reclaim on credit card ppi than loan ppi.
        This is because they will come back to confirm that you would have still be covered for life cover/job solutions, hospitalisation etc, but the fact here is, why should you be paying for a product that is not "fully" suitable for you and where you already had cover in place with your employer. (anything related to you - list it all with the CEO) and say the complaints team failed you as a long term customer with a genuine reason why you are entitled to make a reclaim.

I would also add that the complaints team informed you that a letter was sent to you to respond by 28 days that never arrived to you, and if this is the case you want a copy of this letter.

Email here and request a confirmation receipt.
        antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

what will happen from here, is that he will pass this on to the complaints team to deal with anyway, but you should hopefully have a better outcome for taking it this direction.

Any probs from here, let us know, good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Hi and welcome
          thanks for PM Charitynjw x

Many have been receiving rejection letters from Halifax, and they seem to be generic/standard fob off letters, but do not give up and stand your ground on this complaint.

What you could do is email the CEO, I understand it's the same CEO as Lloyds TSB, and tell him of your disappointment of being rejected when you have successfully reclaimed on others with them for the same reason, so you feel something is not right here and they have overlooked your complaint that you wish this to be re-viewed by 14 days of you emailing him.
          I would enclose a copy of the rejection letter and any letters of success that state your reasons.

Was it just the credit card ppi they rejected you on where you succeeded on loan ppi? I am asking this because it is more difficult to reclaim on credit card ppi than loan ppi.
          This is because they will come back to confirm that you would have still be covered for life cover/job solutions, hospitalisation etc, but the fact here is, why should you be paying for a product that is not "fully" suitable for you and where you already had cover in place with your employer. (anything related to you - list it all with the CEO) and say the complaints team failed you as a long term customer with a genuine reason why you are entitled to make a reclaim.

I would also add that the complaints team informed you that a letter was sent to you to respond by 28 days that never arrived to you, and if this is the case you want a copy of this letter.

Email here and request a confirmation receipt.
          antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

what will happen from here, is that he will pass this on to the complaints team to deal with anyway, but you should hopefully have a better outcome for taking it this direction.

Any probs from here, let us know, good luck x
          I recently had cause to make a complaint about PPI to Lloyds. Not my PPI complaint, long story...

However, I wrote with some hope to Mr. Antonio Horta-Osorio, CEO, who it would appear has or, had at the time a large team of fielders.
          These were called: The Chief Executive Team, PPI Group Operations. My complaint was quickly resolved within a day by their closure of my complaint and the closure of my complaint was quickly followed by a flower bouquet, which I donated to my local Catholic Church.

I would hasten to add, that the hurried manner in which the complaint that I had submitted to the Lloyds TSB Bank CEO: Antonio Horta-Osorio was in April 2013 and prior to the end of the Deloitte/Lloyds scandal!

One can only hope that Mr Horta-Osorio is mindful about the bad PR and ever descending public image that the Lloyds Group had gained. And that he will now take a more serious view of valid PPI complaints!?

My complaint has been lodged with both the ICO and FOS.

Comment

Hi and thank you for your replies it is much appreciated and will follow your advice in answer to the question asked the answer would be no to all of them.
            I was never asked for any details of my job or situation or explained what ppi was and in the rejection letter they state I would have been given a leaflet about ppi which I did not just a copy of the application form I signed for the credit card.
            I was much more successful with claim for loan ppi and recieved just over 8000 pounds.
            I just looking for advice on what to w rite and who too.

Comment

It looks like you're getting some good help here, EmeraldBreeze - and welcome to you, by the way !!!

Further to Angry Cat's comments above, these links might be useful, concerning Lloyds conduct with PPI claimants.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lloyds-admi...3.html#BvGKxco

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/22851346

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22852554

I don't know why, but for some reason Lloyds seem to have developed a habit of rejecting Credit Card PPI claims, but upholding Loan (SPI) claims - even when sold simultaneously.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X