• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming a derelict Garage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claiming a derelict Garage

That 'photo' is quite old. They don't look like that now.

Comment

Hi, I'm almost local to you in Aberporth1
      Looking at Ceredigion's interactive planning map i can see several years ago some unnamed person applied for PP for 2 Garages.
      The surrounding houses seem to be local authority builds, and this area is designated for parking. Bearing in mind these houses might have been built by Cardiganshire CC, then transferred to Dyfed and then to Ceredigion it is quite possible the garages/land is council property and they don't even know, especially if the houses have been bought privately or transferred to a Housing Association. We haven't the brightest people in council offices in Aber or Aberaeron!

Comment

I think they are a mish mash. They are 2 flats per house now. None of the locals even know who ownes it. I'll just put a sign on the door saying I'm taking possession in 14 days and list my phone number and see if I get a call

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueFlange View Post
          I think they are a mish mash. They are 2 flats per house now. None of the locals even know who ownes it. I'll just put a sign on the door saying I'm taking possession in 14 days and list my phone number and see if I get a call
          Also put an announcement in the Legal Notices section of your local paper.

Comment

Well, as long as you don't damage it there's not a lot in reality the owner can do!
            I'm sure some others will now list the actions open to the owner, but I reckon any action unlikely.
            Pob lwc.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
              Also put an announcement in the Legal Notices section of your local paper.
              Does anybody actually read the Cambrian News?

Comment

LOL I don't

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueFlange View Post
                  How did this work out for you? Did the rightful owner come forward?

Comment

Originally posted by Skirts View Post
                    How did this work out for you? Did the rightful owner come forward?

LOL this was a few years ago. The council knocked them all down and are building a house there now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X