• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PKea v BoS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKea v BoS

Ok, this may be nothing exciting and be sorted striaght away, but I'd though I would post in case it goes off on a tangent

Back in October 07 we changed our mortgage with BoS to a 3 year stepped rate @ 5.45% with an arrangement fee of £299.
    We have all the documents from them stating this and all the rates and payments etc.

We got our mortgage statement yesterday and it showed an arrangement fee of £599.

I called them last night and spoke to an advisor, who told us that the arrangement fee for this mortgage is £599 and the details he has there say that.
    I told him that i have their letters with the £299 stated on it.

I have faxed over the details we have with the £299 on as he requested.
    He told me that if we have it in writing that they will honour this, and once he gets the faxed copy he will get his supervisor to amend this.

I also made him aware that interest will have been added fro the extra £300 and that i want that back as well, to which he said there would be no problem.

So hopefully will get a call back later today to tell me everything is sorted.

PKea

Re: PKea v BoS

Hi Pkea

This sounds a bit like the situation I was in last year with the Coventry Building Society. I sensed that the markets were set to move and inflation was on the rise, so mortgage rates would soon follow. So I went into my local branch to have a word with an advisor. I pointed out that even on the so called privilage rate it was no longer a privilage and I wanted a better fixed rate. I was offered a few, these all had a buy in fee, which i said I wasn't willing to pay. I said I wanted the best rate without buy ins and without early redemption penalties. We came to an agreement and I left him to sort it out. One week later the paperwork came for me to sign and attached was a bill for £499 as an arrangement fee. I contacted head office, they had nothing saying I had spoken to the advisor and had agreed that the fee be waived. So I went back to the branch, I sat down with the adviser again, he phoned the head office and told them what the agreement was and it was sorted. I got my 5 year fixed rate mortgage with no early repayment clauses and no buy in fee for a friendly rate of 5.2%. So I advise you stick with it and demand it is sorted in your favour.

Best wishes,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X