• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Hi all...........firstly apologies for starting this thread Im sure it has been discussed repeatedly but im new to all this and am just a bit worried!
    Basically I got a PCN from parking eye on 06.06.13 as i overstayed the 3 hour limit of a free carpark. As far as I can gather the advice used to be to ignore but am I right in saying I should now appeal through parking eye directly and if that has no joy I appeal through POPLA?
    This is literally my 1st ever PCN and I am in no way legally minded so I was wondering if I need to submit my reasons as to why I feel the charge should be cancelled or is it just a straight forward generic application to have it cancelled? Also after I have been through POPLA (assuming that is not successful) am I then to ignore parking eye's demands and wait for it to go to court - if it gets that far?
    Maasive thank you in advance...........

Simon

Re: Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

As far as I can gather the advice used to be to ignore but am I right in saying I should now appeal through parking eye directly and if that has no joy I appeal through POPLA?
    Yes if you're not in Scotland.

This is literally my 1st ever PCN and I am in no way legally minded so I was wondering if I need to submit my reasons as to why I feel the charge should be cancelled or is it just a straight forward generic application to have it cancelled?
    Yes.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...immediate.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...g-take-on.html

In a more serious tone than the prankster, if the car park belongs to a shop then a word with the manager is sometimes a fruitful avenue as he won't want to lose custom.

Also after I have been through POPLA (assuming that is not successful) am I then to ignore parking eye's demands and wait for it to go to court - if it gets that far?
    Correct, if you have the bottle

Keep all evidence.

M1

Comment

If I have the bottle? I was under the impression that although parking eye have started taking people to court it is still relatively unlikely and if they do a court would question what loss they incurred in the first place as it was a free car park and maybe enforce u pay more like £12/£15?
      Apologies if I am just being ignorant!

Comment

Originally posted by simond-123 View Post
        If I have the bottle? I was under the impression that although parking eye have started taking people to court it is still relatively unlikely and if they do a court would question what loss they incurred in the first place as it was a free car park and maybe enforce u pay more like £12/£15?
        Apologies if I am just being ignorant!

Yes but that doesn't stop less informed people chickening out instead of winning (never 100 % no matter how strong a case you have)

M1

Comment

Based on my last comment though is it not better to go to court and lose as the figure you would most likely be ordered to pay would be far less than the parking charge amount anyway? Again sorry if I am not getting this I am just trying to understand! Thank you for your responses it's much appreciated

Comment

For a well defended case you are correct.

M1

Comment

This is where my lack of knowledge is showing! Why does it matter if you have a well defended case if what we are saying is that even a loss in court would mean a minimal sum to pay in comparison to the parking eye charge?

Comment

Because Judges judge a case based on what is before them and are not always clued up on the subject matter. If they don't understand your defence or it makes no sense they are prone to accept businesses and lawyers before a filthy litigant in person.

The playing field might be level in the eyes of the law but Judges use their own eyes and many should've gone to specsavers.

M1

Comment

Ahhh gotcha that's much clearer now thank u. It's just occurred to me that legal representation in court will probably be quite costly do with that cost on top if whatever the judge orders u to pay would it be correct to assume that in the end it probably would of been more cost effective to just pay the parking charge?! Obviously this I'd assuming it makes it to court in the first place

Comment

I think you should win but it's your call not mine. By the time you get there, assuming you do obviously, then the current slew of cases should offer great assistance as to the choices that need to be made.

M1

Comment

Am I right in thinking if I decide to just pay and it has gone over the 14 days as I have lodged the appeal it is the full amount that is due (rather than the discounted rate did early payment). REALLY don't want to think like that but just want all the facts

Comment

No idea. As they are made up nonsense there are no rules on the matter.

I dare say they'd take it if they felt they couldn't screw more out of you otherwise they'd want as much as possible.

Having said that, popla is your friend.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by simond-123 View Post
                          Am I right in thinking if I decide to just pay and it has gone over the 14 days as I have lodged the appeal it is the full amount that is due (rather than the discounted rate did early payment). REALLY don't want to think like that but just want all the facts
                          Yes, but please don't!:beagle:

Comment

Have you seen the 'new' draft appeal letter? It was posted up a week ago today, so is still fairly new. It's under parking charge notices in the following link:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

Thank you so much for that labman........to be honest i was beginning to buckle under the pressure and was considering taking the easy way out and paying it early to 'save' myself a possible few quid. ive just amended the appeal letter and will be posting it tomorrow. bring it on parking eye!!
                              massive thank you to you and mysetery1 for all of your help and support.

cheers guys

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X