• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - I've received a CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - I've received a CCJ

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site so apologies if I'm in the wrong section.

I have today received a CCJ - the thing is I did enter into an agreement with a lady to purchase a product and have the invoice from her (but hadn't yet paid it). The CCJ claim form was obviously sent but went to a house in the next street (same house no diff street - happens all the time), before I had time to look at it the judgement has been granted.

The thing is the claim and judgement has the claimant name as the persons husband who I have never dealt with and have no documentation from him. Can this be right would I be able to ask for the judgement to be set aside?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

JW
    Tags: None

Re: Help - I've received a CCJ

Was the address on the claim form correct but the postman made the mistake? How did you managed to eventually get the summons and when? The date is most important because even if the address was correct but you can prove you didn't get served with the summons until after the deadline for returning your Acknowlegment of Service stating you intended to Defend then this may help.

If the court or the Claimant have made an error then you can apply to have the CCJ set aside as long as you have a viable Defence. If you never entered into a contract with the person named as the Claimant then it seems as if you would have defended this claim.

Here's how you can apply for a set aside and the reasons why you may/may not be successful:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...e_county_court

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper William View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site so apologies if I'm in the wrong section.

I have today received a CCJ - the thing is I did enter into an agreement with a lady to purchase a product and have the invoice from her (but hadn't yet paid it). The CCJ claim form was obviously sent but went to a house in the next street (same house no diff street - happens all the time), before I had time to look at it the judgement has been granted.

The thing is the claim and judgement has the claimant name as the persons husband who I have never dealt with and have no documentation from him. Can this be right would I be able to ask for the judgement to be set aside?
      Whose husband? Are you saying you have dealt with the claimant's wife?

What was this claim for?

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        Whose husband? Are you saying you have dealt with the claimant's wife?

What was this claim for?
        Hi sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

The debt is for some diet products - the woman was an ex colleague who lived 250 miles away from me but was a rep for a well known diet company. I was interested in the product and rather than choosing a local rep she sent me the products.

She sent me an original invoice (with her name on it) but the CCJ was raised in her husbands name.

I spoke with the CAB who said anyone can send me a court claim and register a ccj so its irrelevant whose name is on there - seems a bit bizarre to me that you are expected to pay someone you have never had any dealing with.

Help please if you can.

thanks

JW

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X