• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£$%*?%$ CAFCASS!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £$%*?%$ CAFCASS!!

Sorry just a vent!! :mad2:

I'm soooo peed off with CAFCASS at the moment .......

We are currently going through a residency application for my partners 10 year old son, and had all the CAFCASS reports in our favour, the reports agreed that *L* should come and live with us (which is his wish). We went to court for what should have been the final hearing in April and after lots of confusion as they hadn't allocated us a court (even though the date had been set in February!) we discovered that the attending CAFCASS officer had not turned up, the Judge rang CAFCASS to be told that Mr B had been taken seriously ill and was not expected to return to work, therefore would not be able to give evidence that day or in the future so the case was posponed. It was decided that *L* should speak to another CAFCASS officer who would then give evidence at the new hearing set for 18th/19th June. *L* spoke to MR O 3 on May 28th.

We have not recieved our copy of the report which had to be lodged at court on 7th June so spoke to our solicitor this morning and the report has gone against us!!! Mr O is recommending that *L* stays with his mother and comes to us EVERY weekend. How can a less than 30 minute interview come to this conclusion when Mr B's recomendation was made after spending around 3 hours with *L*.

I know we still have our day in court to put our case forward, but I can't believe that this report has gone against us and totally ignored *L*'s wishes and safety (his mum left him in the house on his own at 10.30 at night to retrieve her broken down car FFS! )

GRRRRRR!!!

Sorry just feel like we've been kicked in the teeth at the moment.:Cry:
    One life - Live it!
    Tags: None

Re: £$%*?%$ CAFCASS!!

Kiatara, unfortunately, I understand your viewpoint entirely. We had a CAFCASS officer change their mind the day before the hearing and that meant my nephew who is autistic went into care.

I would add we lost the final case and the appeal was dismissed. He is now in permanent foster care but that first foster carer that as a result of CAFCASS's opinion meant he had to go there is under investigation over claims that they abused my nephew. And they say that CAFCASS knows best.......yeah right!
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

OMG! Leclerc ... that puts our dealings with CAFCASS into perspective!

Up till now we had been treated very well by CAFCASS (although I guess when things are going in your favour you tend to view them in a different light) If the case had been heard on 25th April as it was scheduled for, by now we would have had *L* with us. I can understand that CAFCASS can't rely on othe absent officers findings and be cross examined on them in court when he hadn't done the initial interviews, so we accept that *L* needed to speak to someone else, what I can't understand is how his recommendations can differ so much from the original reports. The original interviews were with *L* and his mum & stepdad at their home, and with my partner and me with *L* at our home and lasted for around 3 - 3.5 hours all told, this interview was for 30 mins on his own in the local CAFCASS office, the "adults" were never spoken to at all. We have been told that the courts generally tend to go with the CAFCASS recommendation, but in our case - there are 2 conflicting ones so we are totally confused.com at the moment.
      One life - Live it!

Comment

I have to say,,our dealings with CAFCASS were totally positive...just depends on the area/officer I suppose :noidea:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X