• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tax credit query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax credit query

hi
    can anyone help me please. im so confused with it all.

basically,
    previous year actual income £20800
    current year income £29100 approx........still dont have my p60 from work

my hours increased at work as did my salary in january on a temporary basis. i informed the hmrc of the changes and that my hours went up from 20 to 36straight away. payments stopped after receiving a on off payment of £152 in february.
    i cant work it out, can anyone advise me if im overpaid, underpaid, will i get tc this year??

thanks in advance.
    sl
    Tags: None

Re: tax credit query

There are many factors that influence tax credits entitlement. You may want to use HMRC's online calculator to get an idea: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/pa...n-how-much.htm

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      There are many factors that influence tax credits entitlement. You may want to use HMRC's online calculator to get an idea: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/pa...n-how-much.htm
      i dont know what figure to put in the calculator, last years salary or this years?? im worried sick about this.

Comment

Depends on whether you're concerned about last year or this year.
        Last edited by des8; 12th June 2013, 08:38:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi, when working out the amount of TC due HMRC use previous years income, unless you current years income is more than 5k higher or less than 2.5k lower.

If you have gone from 21k to 29k, your current award will be based on 26k. (21k py income + the 5k disregarded)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X