• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Salary/Commission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Salary/Commission

hello, just wanted to update anybody who is interesed.
    My son put in a claim to an employment tribunal, just in time and today he has recieved a letter saying the employment tribunal has accepted there is a claim and have given a court date for October. Must admit this is much sooner than we thought.I hope you wont mind if i come back to ask for clarification on the process. Thank you.
    Christine

Comment

Hi Christine66,

You need to get prepared now to ensure you don't fall foul of Employment Tribunal Rules & Procedures.
      You could do a lot worse than to refer to this site for 'tactics'. http://etclaims.co.uk/
      & I'm sure we will be able to help.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

thank you, i did work in the criminal justice system so although i am familiar with certain procedures but not of course in employment tribunals. All the evidence is in text messages which took place over about 8 weeks. We are consolidating these in a statement in chronological order and this is nearly finished. It sounds from the letter this has to be submitted to the court and the respondents 7 days before the court hearing. Can anybody tell me if this is correct, and of course I would welcome any other advice.
        Thank you
        Christine

Comment

Wrongful dismissal is a common law action, & as such could also be progressed through a (I assume in the instant case) small claims court, although an ET is also an option.
          Did your son receive a contract of employment, or a statement of employment particulars?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

hello, am not sure i understand where you are coming from and as this is a new experience need to have things spelled out,sorry. My son was not dismissed he just wasn't paid wages or commission. His employers initially promised to pay on this day and that day and then stopped contact. He just wants thecmoney owed to him.

Christine

Comment

Witholding monies which are owing comes under the 'head' of wrongful dismissal, as it is a potential contractual breach.
              It is a statutory duty for the employer to give a statement of employment particulars within 2 months of commencing employment. This would outline, among other things, the details of earnings.
              It's all part of getting the ducks in a row, to be honest!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

right thank you now I understand where you are coming from. I think we have the ducks just maybe not standing in a row!!
                Am not sure in the short time he worked for these people he recieved a statement of employment will have to ask. Can i just ask again does my son have to provide his evidence to the court and the respondents 7 days before the hearing.
                many thanks
                christine

Comment

There are usually standard directions issued by the case management (Tribunal).
                  If you are in doubt, best check with them, as it is important to keep to their schedule.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thank you for your comments just hope it works out for my son and he will at least get the money owed him.

Comment

Originally posted by christine66 View Post
                      thank you for your comments just hope it works out for my son and he will at least get the money owed him.
                      I hope so, too.
                      Please keep us up to date, & if you should need further assistance, post away!
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X