• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Disciplinary procedure, is it correct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disciplinary procedure, is it correct?

gone
    Last edited by mazzerooni; 7th June 2013, 01:58:AM.

Comment

gone

Comment

gone

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          Oh dear he dont like me?
          nor me....probably doesn't understand the Welsh

Comment

You were given the courtesy of a clear detailed explanation of the law. Law which despite your alleged experience, you appear to be unaware of. Intent has absolutely nothing to do with health and safety. "I didn't intend to reverse over another employee" does not make them less dead. "I didn't intend to put on sneakers instead of steel capped boots" doesn't mend a broken foot. And "I didn't deliberately not provide my employees with hi viz vests" doesn't make an excuse for someone being hit because they weren't seen. Employers and employees have a legal obligation to protect their health and safety, and that of others.

The only person who is refusing to accept this, making assumptions about the outcome of a disciplinary that had not been held yet, and blaming everyone BUT the person responsible is you. You think a manager who does their job and takes the safety of their employees seriously is "spineless". You are insulting and abusive to people whose advice YOU asked for because it isn't in accordance with your narrow view of the world and how you and yours should be treated.

What you think about what the employer should do is irrelevant. The employer is, as you have been told repeatedly, acting within the law, and you have been told why. They do not care that you were once a health and safety advisor. They do not care whether YOU think it important or not. They have their own policies. Those policies are in accordance with the law. In fact their auditing of such matters should be applauded - few employers CARE that much. As I told you before, if the employer had broken even a small rule, if it had been broken unintentionally, and your wife had been hurt or killed, would you have been here saying well, they didn't mean it so that's ok then? No, you would have been screaming for justice, to sue them, and to make them pay. Why should your wife be any less responsible for or culpable for her omissions?

Comment

Ps - I'm impressed. B&Q gets my custom. I wouldn't have expected such high standards from them. But whether the OP appreciates the point or not, their conduct in relation to health and safety is far beyond my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by mazzerooni View Post
                B&Q:doh: aren't unionised so no, she was asked if she needed a representative but being genuinely of the opinion there was no issue, declined.
                I was not unionised either when I had my disciplinary either BUT i made sure I had somebody from work that I knew because I was not going to have a situation where there was a manager and a note take against me. So if she can take someone then she should get someone.

Again, and with no disrespect to you Leclerc, our decision has been made, she is leaving regardless, it's been to upsetting an experience to brush under the table regardless off legal outcome. We must me naďve to believe that workplace performance can override a simple mistake, earliest posters need not reply, but thanks Eloise for your legal reply.
                The thing you are not getting is this: The answer to your question posed is YES it is correct what they are doing.
                Having said that, the other point is that she had yet to have the disciplinary meeting and so the outcome is not certain. In regards to other jobs will her final outcome have an influence over other job offers?
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

gone
                  Last edited by mazzerooni; 7th June 2013, 01:59:AM.

Comment

And yours far below mine, thanks.
                    ......however, she is ultimately 100% correct in her viewpoint which is unfortunate for yourself

Comment

gone
                      Last edited by mazzerooni; 7th June 2013, 01:59:AM.

Comment

gone
                        Last edited by mazzerooni; 7th June 2013, 02:02:AM.

Comment

How insulting do you intend to be you horrible little man ? You carry on with this attitude and you'll be leaving the site faster than you entered it, now please refrain from the insults, listen and learn, you asked a question and have been given the answer, yet you have to insult, very nice I'm sure.

Comment

Views are like aresholes, everybody has 1??
                            And Eloise's comes for many years as an Employment Law Barrister so clearly, I would take her views seriously and remember what she had said. Unfortunately for you, what you call others, is the manner in which you are coming across.

If the job did not mean much to your OH then why bother asking for advice?
                            If she has two job offers then will they be compromised from the fact that she is facing disciplinary?

In post 2 you got your answer to your question so do you want to take this further onwards as to the consequences of the disciplinary or do you want to carry on insulting people cos if you do then when you really need some help on other issues then no one will bother.

I'll await your response before moving on to someone who wants help and is grateful for receiving it. Had B&Q done anything wrong Eloise would have helped you to bury them but......

Comment

gone
                              Last edited by mazzerooni; 7th June 2013, 02:00:AM.

Comment

You never leave....you log out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X