• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye(for Arsenalgirl)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye(for Arsenalgirl)

Precisely sir!

Comment

I sent the appeal by email said they would reply by post only this takes 10 days, i guess they will say no

Comment

They will. Main thing is to get the popla code though.

M1

Comment

but if they say no why would the other organisation agree to the appeal

Comment

Originally posted by arsenalgirl View Post
            The whole point of the appeal is that it will cost Parking Eye about £30.00 to defend the appeal so if they want to waste your time trying to take money from you then they are fair game. I have seen one user on here also complain to a store manager over them and the store manager promising that the fine would be quashed. The problem at the moment is that the former advice of ignore all correspondence seems to spur Parking Eye to take the matter to court yet those that appeal and lose can then ignore without a case going further forward.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Because a private parking company has no interest in not asking you to pay whereas Popla have rules to abide by even if it's in the loosest terms possible.

At popla any defence has to be refuted or you win. At parking Eye any defence has to be ignored or they don't make money.

M1

Comment

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-of-wrong.html

Do not consume food or liquid whilst reading this as it may end up all over your screen !

M1

Comment

I now have the letter from parking eye they rejected the appeal what do i do now im worried as other have court papers now!

Comment

Did you get the popla code ?

M1

Comment

yes I have

Comment

Ok, Can you post your appeal, the ticket (or anpr notice) including the dates but not reg number name etc, pics of any signs if you can etc etc.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-of-wrong.html

Do not consume food or liquid whilst reading this as it may end up all over your screen !

M1
                          Well, it certainly shows how far up their own rectum the PPC involved is and was. The only way the matter of PPCs is going to be resolved is to close the private parking industry down, along with the civil enforcement industry. When clamping firms were in existence, a number were found to be what the BIS deemed to be "vehicles for fraud". I would not be surprised if this was the case with a number of PPCs.

ANPR camera derived photos are not reliable evidence that someone has been parked within a given parking area. It only needs a dishonest employee, manager or director to be selective as to what photos they use in order to hoodwink someone into believing they owe money to the PPC. As an example, a motorist goes into a car park patrolled by Rip-Off Parking and stays for 1 hour, allowed by a sign in the car park. The motorist then leaves and returns two hours later to park and leaves within the permitted period. Rip-Off Parking then send a PCN claiming the motorist overstayed, using photos from both visits, but selecting those which give the impression the motorist has overstayed. ANPR is not infallible and is open to abuse. Regardless of any howls from the makers of ANPR equipment about having their business restricted, the sale and use of ANPR equipment needs to be strictly controlled and only those who have a legitimate need to use ANPR equipment, i.e. law enforcement agencies, should be permitted to procure such equipment and use it. It should not be available to any commercial enterprise or individual who then uses it in a manner that comes perilously close to, if not, amounts to criminal behaviour.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi

Thanks M1 I have no photos of the car park etc as we were in southampton going on holiday the lady at the port just said to us go to the car behind us and wait there til its time to travel. We live 300 miles away, would it be easier to just pay the 60 quid???
                            Of course it'd be easier but then again so would opening your front door and chucking £60 on the ground and you wouldn't feel mugged by doing that !. You are far from a lost cause.

Post up what you have and know. Did you see any signs ?

M1

Comment

Re: Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Hi

Thanks M1 I have no photos of the car park etc as we were in southampton going on holiday the lady at the port just said to us go to the car behind us and wait there til its time to travel. We live 300 miles away, would it be easier to just pay the 60 quid???

Hi mystery1,

arsenalgirl did reply - unfortunately on another similar thread. ( http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...567#post351567 )
                              I copied /pasted the above (hope that's ok)
                              & directed her to this thread.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok M1

Heres the details we were advised to park in the car park behind the port by a member of staff from red funnel we wasnt advised it was a pay and display just that we could wait in there.
                                We didnt see any signs on entering the car park, we received a letter from parking eye 10 days later to advise us of the charge, I appealed which they rejected now I have got another letter with a popla code saying they have extended the discount period for another 14 days.
                                Can you copy and paste the appeal on here ?

Can you scan or photograph the parking eye letters (email them to leclerc to put up if you have to) ?

It can matter or i wouldn't ask.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X