• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Notice Charge Notice from Parking Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Notice Charge Notice from Parking Eye

Hi all,

I am another victim of Parking Eye. I received a notice on 25/08/2013 for the sum of £40, which will increase to £70 if not paid in 14 days. I had parked on the Aldi store car park in Brownhills for my weekly shop on the 18/05/2013. I had a friend with me, so i shopped and loaded up first, then she did. I never even thought about the time. we then left, apparently 18 minutes over the 1.5 hours allowed.
    The notice shows my car arriving and leaving, although we are not visible. unfortunately, like most people, i dont have the receipts to prove i was in the store.
    I dont want to pay this ridiculous charge. I believe i have acted in good faith and entered the Aldi car park to conduct my normal business with the store.
    I would appreciate any advice on what i should do from here because i do not want to buckle to these bullies!! I have no proof of being in the store as i do not have the receipt, but i would argure that i had no other reason to park on their car park other than to shop with them.

Advice would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Notice Charge Notice from Parking Eye

Good news.

I have confronted the Aldi manager regarding this ridiculous charge. I briefly put my case forward and he has agreed to get the charge quashed!!! He even said himself that Parking Eye are, and i quote, "a pain in the arse!"
    I would others not to be shy and confront the car park owners. I will never pay one of these rip off charges!!

Comment

I would have clarified the date as that appears to be in August ie 25/8/2013. I would then have said appeal the parking ticket and then ignore all future correspondence, however, you've asked us, you done something off your own back and it would appear to have been successful so all I can say is Well Done on your success and make sure that the manager follows through with what he has stated and perhaps ask for that quashing of the fine in writing so that there is clear proof of that.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I have written to information commissioner and to business secretary and to MEP about parking eye

Comment

You might wish to mention that Parking Eye seem to have lost a large number of defended claims they have run through the Small Claims Court and got spanked to the tune of £5,000 when one claim backfired on them.

TBH, Parliament would be better repealing Section 9, Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and putting PPCs in with clamping firms, i.e. outlaw them.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by David135 View Post
            I have written to information commissioner and to business secretary and to MEP about parking eye
            Any chance of you posting the letter up for us to read?

Stefski - well done. Another large forum (CAG) advises people to approach the store manager first to complain before following Leclerc's approach.

Certainly appeals should be thorough, and there is no lack of good examples now. There's one example on here, this will be increased to other examples I have once the site has resolved its server space issues, and another technical issue coming up. The whole process for LB users should then be much easier.

I'd be VERY interested to hear from anyone else who has successfully had a ticket quashed by approaching the store manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris P View Post
              Hi, like the OP, i recieved a Notice from Parking Eye, whilst my mam and dad were in Sunderland Eye Infirmary. For the duration i was there, i displayed my mam's valid disabled permit and parked in a disabled spot. I have appealed via e-mail, but heard nothing since. I have also recently moved home and the initial notice went to my old address. In my e-mail, i explained i had moved and could any future correspondence be sent to my new address. I gave Parking Eye details of the permit but was unable to scan the permit as my parents were away when i recieved the notice and then i have just returned from a short break. Should i carry on and wait for them to contact me again , contact the Eye Infirmary or go ahead and pay? Thanks for any help and advice on this.

Chris.
              Should i carry on and wait for them to contact me again
              Probably. It really depends on what exactly you wrote (was it an appeal?), whether you updated the dvla and also how long it has been since you contacted them.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                Probably. It really depends on what exactly you wrote (was it an appeal?), whether you updated the dvla and also how long it has been since you contacted them.

M1
                Hi M1.
                I have updated the DVLA, the notice went to my old address @ 18/08/13 and i got it from the new owners @ 22/08/13 and e-mailed to the appeal address on 23/08/13. I have had no letters from my old address at time of writing. On the appeals page, it says they will contact me, in writing, within 10 days, so i guess i'll sit tight for now.

Chris.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...om-Parking-Eye

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X