• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Paternity Leave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paternity Leave

Hi guys,

I am currently on Paternity leave (2 Weeks) and my situation is as follows.....

Son born Saturday 18th May 2013 and told I have to work Friday 31st May 2013. Saturday 18th May was my day off anyway.

I also have a text from my assistant manager stating that I am not due back until Sunday 2nd June and no other correspondance from any other management (it was a friend who text me telling me managment have said I have to work friday 31st May)!

Now if my memory serves me right I am entitled to 2 weeks paternity leave, which was agreed and confirmed, and the paternity leave, by law, is not allowed to be started before the baby is born regardless of due date (my son was due on 17th May, but born on the 18th May?

Thank you for reading, sorry if its a bit jumbled but as you can probably guess I am absolutely knackered with having a new hungry baby
    Tags: None

Re: Paternity Leave

This site may be helpful (something to read if you can stay awake!):

https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave/overvie

Comment

Re: Paternity Leave

You have a text confirming your leave days and management have not said otherwise. A text from a colleague is not a management instruction. But to state the blindingly obvious, it might be sensible to phone work and say that there appears to have been an error, which in all probability there has! Dashing in quoting the law and your rights as a first choice action might make you right, but it doesn't make it more than an error and simply puts backs up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X