• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie with 1st time bailiff issue!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with 1st time bailiff issue!

Hi all
    was searching google and came across this forum, now i hoping i can get some help from you guys.
    Basically i had a PCN which i disputed, and lost, and didn't pay cos i had the raging hump.
    So now without previous letters i had a "Notice of Attendance" dropped into my porch. i say dropped as my wife saw the guy do just that without knocking.
    The fees, to me seem crazy £210 Attendance to remove fee.

So, after speaking to the company JBW i have asked if the bailiff a Mr Martin Maguire was certified, (as he didn't knock) they say yes, but i cant find him on any register.
    Q. How would i double check that?

and that I am being charged £210 attendance to remove fee when no levys were made.
    Q. Is that allowed?

I have attached a scan of the letter, the print is a bit offline.

Thanks guys, cant wait to see where we go from here.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Newbie with 1st time bailiff issue!

Hope you don't mind us joining your thread. My girlfriend has just had an unannounced visit from JBW demanding payment of £700 on the basis that an arrangement to meet a parking fine had lapsed. There hadn't been any prior communication and the amount owed has gone up by 6 times. It's on behalf of Bexley .....yeah the council that blew £250k on Olympic torch ********. How do we get this thing back on a business footing .....she's totally rattled and her daughter ( who was the only one in at the time) is too.

Comment

Dont mind at all, it takes the p*ss. First thing to do would be to find out if the guy who visited you is a certified Bailiff.

Comment

Ok , as we're at my house we don't have that information. She has a text from him saying "JBW and adhering to schedule 3&5 connected with distress " ......whatever that means. Thanks mate.

Comment

Hi and to LegalBeagles......hang tight,,,the folks who know what's what will pop in

Comment

Her daughter says the letter is headed "attendance to levy fee" .

Comment

Firstly - Charlton Man - please could you start your own thread about your problem so things don't get muddled. Thanks! :beagle:

Wilkes - have a read of this:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

It should answer most of your questions and allow you to calculate charges. Any further questions, just post up and we'll do our best to answer them.

Comment

Will do . And thanks .

Comment

thank you

Comment

Have been told by JBW that the bailiff in question had his certificate issued in Lambeth, so how would i check this??

Comment

Phone the court and ask when it was issued.

Comment

Lambeth County Court

Tel: 0207 091 4410

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X