• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

parking eye, back in touch after 5 months.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking eye, back in touch after 5 months.

hi, wondering if anyone could suggest what course of action i should take with parking eye.

in december i received a letter stating i had overstayed in an aldi carpark that was free to use for 1 hour 30 mins. i was there for 2 hours 15 minutes, i wasnt aware of the signage when entering the car park although it is not exactly hidden. the gave me the pay £40 now or £70 after 14 days spiel. after looking at the letter i noticed that on the picture of what is apparently my car entering the car park, the licencse plate cannot be seen due to glare. i also looked up advice on the pepipoo forums. in the end i corresponded with this

"Dear parking eye

You have sent me a letter impersonating a parking ticket. After almost being taken in by this letter I have taken advice from pepipoo forums and I believe you are wrong

if the said car were to have overstayed in the car park by the said amount of time, then the only amount due to pay would be any financial losses accrued due to this overstay. But as this car park is free then the losses would be nothing. So why are you are invoicing me £40 -£70 ?

Secondly, in the photograph of a car entering the car park the license plate is not visible. Do you have any more "proof" that this is the same car as in the second picture. If you do then I would be quite happy to pay the financial loss of £0.00 due to this apparent overstay.

If you decide to persue this further then please send me an appeals reference number for POPLA otherwise do not contact me again please"

after this they contacted me to say my fine was on hold for 14 days and could i provide evidence that i was shopping in the store. due to the fact i had already told them not to contact me again without going through popla and also because i did not keep an old receipt/ cannot even remember if i made a purchase, i ignored them.

now, 5 months later, they have contacted me to say that my 14 days is up and because i have not submitted further evidence i have lost my appeal. they have enlcloseda popla form to appeal on also. any idea about what i should be writing on this appeals form?? i thought they had given up on me as it had been so long.

in their letter they also cite some cases"mayhook vs national carparks, combined parking solutions vs mr stephen james, where they state that this is evidence that parking eye charges cannot be viewed as penalties. is this them admitting you dont have to pay them, surely not??
    Tags: None

Re: parking eye, back in touch after 5 months.

They are talking out of their nether regions! Either just ignore, or continue to appeal (it will be unsuccessful, but will cost them money) and then ignore.

If you look at Pepipoo they are giving exactly the same advice. Any cases won in court tend to be default judgments where people haven't turned up. I know of only one where it was defended and a judgment made, and TBH the defence could have been typed by chimps!

Comment

Re: parking eye, back in touch after 5 months.

Originally posted by labman View Post
      the defence could have been typed by chimps!
      Wasn't it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X