• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye, court proceedings letter, What next??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye, court proceedings letter, What next??

Hi, My husband received a parking eye notice in February, i had read on forums to ignore all letters which we have done, but we have got a new one, now this one has me worried a bit, its a LETTER BEFORE ACTION, as you are the registered keeper, you are liable for pcn, this was because requirements of schedule 4 of the protections of freedom act required for keeper liability have not been satisfied blah blah.. because they have not recieved the £85 we must inform you you have 14 days or further action WILL be taken and COURT PROCEEDINGS will be issued. now thats got me uncomfortable because i have read on pepipoo that the advice to ignore has changed as they really are taking people to court, what do i do now, should i contact the shops on the retail park which has a free 2 hours for shopping in 11 shops and a mc donalds restaurant, if i contact the stores should i contact the managers at the retail park or the head office,

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye, court proceedings letter, What next??

I think I have just addressed this on your other thread.

Comment

I've noticed this a lot recently, especially on pepipoo - cases where PE are now taking folk to court. I think the experts on here who keep saying ignore, appeal, ignore, ignore... should change their approach and offer some advice that is directly helpful for this person and others. Are there any recent examples of court proceedings and judgments available? What sort of defence should be offered?

Comment

Crepello - here is the advice given on Pepipoo:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

You will see they offer the same advice as we do. If you can substantiate your worries by posting a link to a site where this is not the advice given, please do so.

In the unlikely event you are taken to court, Pepipoo is the best place to go for advice, as that is their speciality and we would always want our members to access the best advice.

I presume you're the same Crepello as is a member on Pepipoo. I would have thought you'd be more familiar with the advice being given there than people on this site.
        Last edited by labman; 23rd May 2013, 18:54:PM.

Comment

I think that, since the law changed wef October 1 2012, things have changed and PPCs seem to be taking people to court. I've seen a couple of threads where people have been ignoring court papers! The link to pepipoo may be out of date in that respect. I wonder if there are any examples of the outcome of these recent court proceedings, or whether the court cases actually took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Crepello View Post
            I think that, since the law changed wef October 1 2012, things have changed and PPCs seem to be taking people to court. I've seen a couple of threads where people have been ignoring court papers! The link to pepipoo may be out of date in that respect. I wonder if there are any examples of the outcome of these recent court proceedings, or whether the court cases actually took place.
            Crepello, are they actually taking people to court or are they actually sending out claim forms that are not sent from the court? They are two different kettles of fish

EDIT: I really hate your username but that is nothing to do with you, the way you post or anything else apart from the chocolate bar of the same name and my views on their pricing of it and the contents.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

The majority of judgments published, as you did in an earlier post, are default judgments. Where people defend they tend to win - in fact I'm only aware of one case where someone has defended in court and the judgment has gone against them - their defence was not a good one to say the least.

I have no hesitation to continue recommending people ignore these speculative invoices at present. If you have solid evidence as to why we should rethink this, obviously it would be good to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                Crepello, are they actually taking people to court or are they actually sending out claim forms that are not sent from the court? They are two different kettles of fish

EDIT: I really hate your username but that is nothing to do with you, the way you post or anything else apart from the chocolate bar of the same name and my views on their pricing of it and the contents.
                I don't know the answer to that yet unfortunately. BTW, Crepello was a famous racehorse.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Crepello .,.. I really hate your username but that is nothing to do with you, the way you post or anything else apart from the chocolate bar of the same name and my views on their pricing of it and the contents.
                  I always read it as Crapallo - a hybrid boat combining a person-powered paddle mechanism and a chemical khazi. msl:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    I have no hesitation to continue recommending people ignore these speculative invoices at present. If you have solid evidence as to why we should rethink this, obviously it would be good to see it.
                    Until and unless they receive a "live" N1, ignoring the parking parasites would seem to work.

If the registered keeper were to be sued, then there are ways to defend the claim that, curiously enough, are a bit like one would defend a claim brought in association with another sender of speculative invoices.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X