• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Atos medical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atos medical

My wife who disabled with kapput knees shoulder back and many other ailments and lives on a ton of tablets morphine patches and the maximum amount of tramadol she can take has to go for an atos medical despite telling them everthing in the forms they sent
    Does anyone have experience of the medical and can pass it on
    Tags: None

Re: Atos medical

Bit of info on here for you Wales as I personally have not attended one

http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2012/...ty-assessment/

http://www.esahelp.co.uk/before-medical.php
    Last edited by enaid; 20th May 2013, 13:57:PM.

Comment

Couple of bits attached here. One thing I do know very clearly is that from the moment they can see you to the moment they can't any longer, you are being assessed - even if it's by the Receptionist and how you sit, act while waiting, quite literally!

If there is a genuine illness I don't think there's much need to worry, but for anyone with something intermittent, or someone trying to swing the lead, it is easy to get caught out by this.

They are paid if they fail you, so obviously they are likely to aim to do that. Equally, they can't fail you if you're totally genuine, though the odd few slip through the net and become high profile cases.

Haven't read the attached for ages, but may be worth reading.
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree with the above and always give examples of how you are at your worst, not that maybe you can do this or that one minute but not the next if you understand me lol

Comment

Thanks Enaid and labman she is genuinly disabled no problem there its just shes heard so many stories of people being failed shes panicking will print of the attachments for her,
          Any more thoughts would be welcome

Comment

The Atos report will be full of lies.

Your wife didn't really compete in the Olympics? The Atos liars might say she did.

Expect your wife to undergo the usual "Atos miracle", whereby her problems are downplayed or she is said to be cured.

Comment

If ATOS can do the miracle we will be happy no more watching her in pain being woken up at night when she takes more pain killers which by now she is addicted to never will admit it though lastest thing today is doctor puts her on HRT what next?

Comment

Hey wales01man,
                Just found this thread and wonder how it went with your wife vis a vis ATOS?
                My son is due to have an assessment, but we asked for it to be recorded and they cancelled.
                I have contacts with other groups who are going through this, so might be able to put you in touch with them if you want.
                Regards
                Des

Comment

Don't forget this!

http://welfarenewsservice.com/atos-i.../#.Ud88H9K-q4w

Atos In £2k Disability Discrimination Settlement

I’m a 20+ years moderate to severely affected ME sufferer.
                  Atos Healthcare have paid out £2,000 + costs (in the process of being finalised) in an out-of-court settlement of a disability discrimination claim arising from an Employment & Support Allowance Work Capability Assessment (WCA) in August 2011. As far as I have been able to find out it is one of the first Equality Act discrimination claims from a benefit claimant that Atos have faced.
                  I made it clear in the ESA50 form, which is sent out as the first stage of the assessment, that I needed to be able to travel door-to-door in a car or taxi to avoid the assessment having a significant impact on my health because of severe post exertional fatigue and pain.
                  I was sent to a WCA appointment at the Atos Bradford site, which is in the city centre pedestrian zone, with no disabled parking or drop-off point. The nearest drop-off point is 60m away if you disregard parking, waiting and loading restrictions..................

Atos tried to argue that they were not bound by the Equality Act when delivering WCAs, and so did not need to make reasonable adjustments for disabled people, and also tried to claim that I was not disabled, as defined by the Equality Act 2010.

What's the French for 'pillocks' :lol:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

des8 She had interview think the doctor interviewing wasn't expecting so much evidence to back up her problems we pulled out a pile of letters showed originals and gave copies she seemed shocked that we knew what all the medication was for and she nearly wore her fingers out typing it up,no resut yet but if she is deemed fit to work willshow the system is a joke/ Our advice is to go [repared with all the evidence you have as to their condition and problems remember they are trying to catch people out and never hesisyate to answer always stating the worse like in pain being 1 to 10 its always 10 ,the one thing that peed us off that the doctors surgeons and other health proffessionals are being doubted will post up when we get results.If people are truthfull and genuine they should have no worries

Comment

If people are truthfull and genuine they should have no worries.

That should be the case Wales but sadly it seems to me it's them that are shot down, it's the cretins that have played the system well and for years that walk away free and i do mean walk away lol

Comment

Thanks for the update, Wales.
                        I agree that the honest should have no worries, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working out that way. There are so many anecdotal adverse reports about ATOS (and I do have personal knowledge of a couple) that a person attending a WCA interview must worry.
                        Good luck to your wife anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                          Hey wales01man,
                          Just found this thread and wonder how it went with your wife vis a vis ATOS?
                          My son is due to have an assessment, but we asked for it to be recorded and they cancelled.
                          I have contacts with other groups who are going through this, so might be able to put you in touch with them if you want.
                          Regards
                          Des
                          After that doctor blew the whistle on them, very publicly, ATOS appear to be playing things very cautiously. I have a feeling they now realise that not only their credibility and the veracity of their reports is in tatters, but the next thing is going to be the review of their contract. I would never be surprised to see their contract terminated. I do know that the three governing bodies in medicine and healthcare - General Medical Council (GMC), Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC) - are investigating those who have carried out WCAs for ATOS.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Wawait the outcome of the interview?Atos like G4s and other large companies working for the government on this multi billion cobtracts need to be scrutinised by and independent body at the moment it seems the people are ripped of all round lossof benefits money paid to the companies what a mess the country is really in?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              If people are truthfull and genuine they should have no worries.

That should be the case Wales but sadly it seems to me it's them that are shot down, it's the cretins that have played the system well and for years that walk away free and i do mean walk away lol

It's the millions of perfectly fit and healthy people the last Conservative government put on Incapacity Benefit to fabricate the unemployment statistics and the last Labour government who did the same thing, that has cost the country dearly. IDS needs to have his "Diss the Disabled" mantra drowned out by the truth. The Conservatives, their supporters and donors are terrified of the public realising they are being lied to and it will only be a matter of time before there are calls to dissolve Parliament.
                              Last edited by bluebottle; 16th July 2013, 09:16:AM.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X