• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Save UK Justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save UK Justice

Originally posted by Inca View Post
    :bump:...........C'mon folks...get signing please
    I signed it yesterday and sent the link to my whole address list :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Remind me, when is the next General Election?

Seriously need to get this bunch of tossers out of power.

Have you seen the alternative set of tossers waiting in the wings.......no balls(apart from Ed ) and no personality at all. In fact I would say Milliband(does anyone actually know which one of the brothers it is???) who sounds like the creepy teachers pet who you could imagine as a voyeur outside your window salivating at the promise of a bit of flesh....... get that one out of your head
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Ed Milliband just needs to say 'Cracking Toast Grommit' msl:

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          Have you seen the alternative set of tossers waiting in the wings.......no balls(apart from Ed ) and no personality at all. In fact I would say Milliband(does anyone actually know which one of the brothers it is???) who sounds like the creepy teachers pet who you could imagine as a voyeur outside your window salivating at the promise of a bit of flesh....... get that one out of your head
          Yes, but atleast these lot waiting in the wings dont want to bugger up our fine legal system to the extent that this tosser Failing Grayling does, i mean how can you have a Lord Chancellor that isnt a lawyer, that goes to the heart of the problems we all face.

If Grayling gets his way, you wont have a choice anymore, the cheapest lawyer will be appointed for you, you will end up with lawyers trying to get you to plead guilty so that they make more money out of the scraps of the legal aid system. Frankly i believe you should be entitled to the best lawyer and that money should not restrict this right.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

http://theintrigant.wordpress.com/20...e-for-justice/

another very fine article on the stupidity that we all face
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
              Yes, but atleast these lot waiting in the wings dont want to bugger up our fine legal system to the extent that this tosser Failing Grayling does, i mean how can you have a Lord Chancellor that isnt a lawyer, that goes to the heart of the problems we all face.

If Grayling gets his way, you wont have a choice anymore, the cheapest lawyer will be appointed for you, you will end up with lawyers trying to get you to plead guilty so that they make more money out of the scraps of the legal aid system. Frankly i believe you should be entitled to the best lawyer and that money should not restrict this right.
              I agree entirely with the latter sentiment - and that should be applied to all law, not just criminal law. It is a matter of grave injustice since the changes in legal aid previously (at a time I certainly cannot recall without admitting to being older than I wish to!) it is almost impossible to get any support for employment claims, and only union membership has saved many thousands of claims being consigned to the bin for lack of funds and legal knowledge. If potentially taking away someones freedom unfairly is the worst crime against the person, then taking away their livelihood has to run a close second.

On the first paragraph though, I confess to becoming more cynical as the years pass. I cannot help but wonder if they don't just let the Tories have their wicked way with things so that they can introduce legislation that Labour couldn't be seen to introduce, but would if they could. Having attended more than a few meetings with key figures in the last government, and heard things that I would not have credited to a Labour politician (in fact some of them I wouldn't have credited to a Tory politician!), never mind the then Prime Minister and Cabinet Members, I find that cynicism often doesn't go far enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post

Having attended more than a few meetings with key figures in the last government, and heard things that I would not have credited to a Labour politician (in fact some of them I wouldn't have credited to a Tory politician!), never mind the then Prime Minister and Cabinet Members, I find that cynicism often doesn't go far enough.
                What they say and what they do are frequently completely different things. It seems to me many of our natural rights, or things that in this country we have come to view as natural rights are being eroded. I actually don't think it really makes one jot of difference who is in power. Labour did their fair share of eroding Legal Aid; now we have this from the Conservative / Lib Dems.

Sadly I fear we are once again starting to emulate the USA. So much of what we have is better than most, if not all other countries in the world. Things like this are truly important and need fighting for. There are plenty of areas I could identify from the Welfare State which would provide savings while maintaining a good, solid infrastructure. To achieve it everyone needs to be realistic though, and therein, I believe, lies the problem - people tend to think only of number one rather than removing the blinkers and seeing a bigger picture. This then carries through to voting in elections where candidates get their votes from what they say, not what they do, thus taking us full circle.

Comment

If you are allocated a lawyer who does a crap job does that give you a chance to appeal on the basis of legal incompetency or is that just in the US?

EDIT TO POST: signed petition.
                  Last edited by leclerc; 19th May 2013, 14:32:PM.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    If you are allocated a lawyer who does a crap job does that give you a chance to appeal on the basis of legal incompetency or is that just in the US?
                    Im more worried about the temptation to get your client to plead guilty as more guilty pleas would mean more money for less work.

Comment

and heres what our Lord Chancellor thinks about the people

http://www.crimeline.info/news/grayl...al-aid-reforms

The Lord Chancellor and Justice Secretary also defended the abolition of a defendant’s choice of lawyer, saying people were not up to making a selection.

Comment

How patronising of the general public is that?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                          How patronising of the general public is that?
                          Exactly!!

WE need to get people lobbying their MPs as these reforms that Failing Grayling is planning wont even get the scrutiny of parliament, it will be slipped through without a whimper unless we all stand up and be counted. If these reforms go ahead, then lets hope no one needs legal aid for a criminal matter.

Comment

Are the likes of CAB etc... not campaigning against this? I'm amazed the first I read of it was here.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                              Are the likes of CAB etc... not campaigning against this? I'm amazed the first I read of it was here.
                              No it isn't. This was previously raised in another form by a regular poster on here who thought that protests by lawyers on this exact issue was "funny", and when I attempted to point out that this was a serious issue that was being raised, I got a barrage of "lawyers earn too much anyway" and "it's a good thing that their earning potential is being cut". So I shut up. There are lots of people campaigning on this matter, but it's relatively easy to shut them up by twisting it into a debate about "greedy lawyers" and "fat fees" - exactly as certain regular posters here did!

Comment

Signed and shared on facebook

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X