• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Puff vs G.E Money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puff vs G.E Money

Morning my friends, I think the old champers is in order here except can I have fizzy wine as champers makes me feel sick

Our story today concerns the wonderful G.E Money (can you hear the Irony in my voice?) and their ability to change tack mid stream.

A few months ago we changed banks, and the bank promised they would take over all the DDs, well understandable a couple didn't go entirely to plan (G.E money being one of them) and I called up to bring the account up to date, to be accused of "Trying to avoid payments"
    The words I used were I owe you about £50 I need to pay please.

That got sorted and I asked about a settlement figure and was quote £150.00 which to my mind was about right £50 per payment and 3 months on the agreement remaining. I was told it would all be finished in June "but you can pay it off early no fees"

I paid £50 to them, with a promise to pay the outstanding by 27th of this month.. please note the 27th OF MAY!

Over a week ago I get a letter saying I haven't made a payment (due 27th may) and that my outstanding pay-off amount is £250 and odds and sods.
    I rang up to find out what the hell they were playing at, to be told I had never been quoted £150 and they were right, so I escalated it. I rang today to be told it was £300 at which point I blew and demanded the call be listened to, and they said it had and that the amount outstanding was £300.

My response was simple, I am willing to go to a solicitor, at your expense of course, and give an SD that I was quoted £150 to finish the account I owe you £100, my payment of £100 will be my F&F payment.

I was transferred to the C/S team to discuss this, and I said this call is recorded, my F&F payment will be £100. I am willing to do a SD to say I was not quoted £300 at any time.

She didnt argue, just asked when and how I would be paying, I said 27th May with a debit card to which she said, "fine that is your F&F payment.. due 27th May,"

my questions.

1 does that mean I have done it? All i need pay is £100 and its paid off?
    2 if I owed £300 surely they would have held out for £300?
    3 If i make this £100 payment F&F can they chase me for more as I do not have cheque facility with my account?

P
    Tags: None

Re: Puff vs G.E Money

Phone them back and get them to email you an agreement that they are happy with it, make sure you have it all in writing.

In future remember the rules, DO NOT PHONE THEM or any of this kind of pond life under any circumstances unless you just fancy a chat, do everything in writing, then you won't get any confusion.

Comment

They have now backtracked and said they have not accepted it as they do not have the authority.

What right do I have to pay the £100 as per the convo and it be over?

I asked to speak to managers, no one is available, but the escalations dept (who transfered me to C.S as it was them who agreed it) were available, to put me back to the C.S team to discuss f&f payment.

Comment

just made f&F payment on account.

Had a manager contact me to say it is not accepted and i spoke to NO ONE the day I called regarding it, I told him to write to me and that I had made F&F payment.

Was told to go to FOS, adv I don't need to as I have made my F&f Payment and that is all I will be paying them.

Now, my question.. what rights do i have as I have paid this as agreed with GE money but they say I havent.

Comment

Puff, stupid question time, what was the original amount they are asking for ?

Comment

original quote £150 to be paid buy 27/6/2013

now saying it was £360

paid £50 arrears 16.3.2012
            paid £50 27.4.2013
            paid £100 today

Comment

Damn annoying when they deny things discussed on the phone, basically you have £160 left to clear it, well personally and this is just my thoughts, unless you can provide proof in black and white that they agreed the F & F your stuffed, especially as they are saying they can't trace a recording of the call, then your best off just paying it off, it know its annoying but what price peace of mind, get rid of it once and for all hun.

Comment

got word today from them that the full an final payment that I had not discussed until 16.5.2013 was rejected on the 15.2013!!

IM DEALING WITH MYSTIC MEG!!

I've just told them unless you have a crystal ball and Gandalf at your side, you cannot listen to a call made on the 16.5.2013 on the 15.3.2013

Comment

again this is turning in to a blog but, today I recieved an arrears notice for £13.32, which I intend to return to them with the words, ACCOUNT PAID IN FULL written on it.

needless to say, after giving the name and extension number of the person who agreed my f&f payment and being told it was a "training issue" (not my fault she agreed to the payment) and being told they listened to a call 24 hours before I made it, I shall not be sending any money to them...

Comment

just got told I owe £170

Have written to them saying you have received my F&F payment,
                    any further contact will be seen as harrasment for a paid bill

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X