• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What bank could i get a loan or mortgage with a small default on my credit score?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bank could i get a loan or mortgage with a small default on my credit score?

Could anyone tell me if its possible to get a bank loan if i have 1 default on my credit score its from halifax for £260 who have now passed on my debt to moorcroft which i am paying.
    Tags: None

Re: What bank could i get a loan or mortgage with a small default on my credit score?

Has the debt been registered as a ccj or are you in the early stages of debt collection,threatening court action ?

Comment

Re: What bank could i get a loan or mortgage with a small default on my credit score?

no its not ccj as i am paying the debt off

Comment

but it is registered on my credit score as a default no court action is been took

Comment

To be honest, even if you had a AAA credit rating, it is hard to get the banks to lend at the moment to consumers

Comment

It depends also how old the default is too. Some lenders have more lenient rules to lending if the default is a few years old. Its much like asking how long is a piece of string to be honest. If the default is more than two years old, for example and it is for a relatively small amount (£260) you could have a good chance with some lenders and maybe not others. I would suggest you speak to the bank first and tell them your situation and they should hopefully have a fairly good idea what your chances are of being accepted before you go through the formal application.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X