• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

K&co Advice on 10K Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advice on 10K K&co Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Maybe they will and maybe they won't.

They are putting pressure on you to see what happens. They want your money. They may or may not have the require information to get a court to order you to pay.

Are you confident you have a defence is essentially what they are asking.

Do you feel lucky ?

M1

Comment

No I feel like the most unluckiest person alive at the moment!! I feel constantly sick with worry, my kids think there mother's been abducted by aliens and left this grumpy she'll of a women in her place. If I'm relying on luck then I'll expect the court papers on the mat very soon!! If that happens will someone on here talk me through how to fill forms in and have it set aside if possible please??. I've thought about going to a solicitor but that will just run up another big debt. I wish I could just close my eyes and not wake up!!!!!

Comment

Each case is different even if some fundamentals are the same. I'm afraid you either need to pay what you can or risk being sued.

There are 2 trains of thought on being sued.

1. You hope it's under £10k and it goes small claims which offers greater protection on costs which are normally minimal should you lose. This, though, makes it financially more difficult to employ professional help.

2. You hope it's above £10k and goes to fast track so you can get help and have less stress. There is a risk of bigger costs but it depends how the case is funded and what insurance you can get i'd guess.

Nobody can say with any certainty whether they'd sue or not. It might ease your mind if you collate what you know and information you have to hand and call a CCA solicitor for a chat. Initially a chat should be free.

M1

Comment

Some one replied to me on here saying that I should easily be able to get it set aside, and someone else said they got them to write off 18000 because of lack of relevant paperwork. I guess I'm just hoping they don't go down the court route for the same reasons. Sorry to sound thick but what is a cca solicitor? Thanks

Comment

Someone who deals with the consumer credit act rather than someone who knows very little but is a solicitor.

Set aside ? You haven't had a claim yet so a set aside is wholly irrelevant as far as i see.

M1

Comment

I mean if I get a claim would someone guide me through filling the form in etc. I'm wondering whether to go for a different option, I can't offer much but if I offered a monthly payment would they accept it or just take me to court anyway. I'm getting tons of phone calls and texts of this Hamptons now I really don't know what to do!!!

Comment

If I make an offer of payment could they still sue me anyway? I couldn't offer a lot every month so it would take an eternity to pay off the £10'000. I suppose what I'm asking is, as long as I make an offer of payment does that stop them taking me to court?? I just want this nightmare to be over!! Many thanks.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Yes we'll help and no it doesn't stop them.

M1

Comment

So if I make an offer of payment they can just say get lost we dont want it?? I have a mortgage so I'm really worried they'll go for bankruptcy or charging order!!. many thanks for advice.

Comment

Did you get this all sorted out now Vonny ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X