• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Injury Claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Injury Claim?

Trying to cut a long story short.

In September 2010 a woman made a claim for personal injuries against myself. I knew from the the begining she was trying it on. The letter I recieved from her solicitors was vicious to say the least and did cause some anxiety and distress as I knew the claim was utter nonsense and the slight injury sustained was completely down to her own negligence but how could I prove it. I gave a statement to my insurers. Three months down the line after fighting tooth and nail against my local council I managed to obtain CCTV footage of the incident. Eveything I had said in my original statement was now there to be seen on the footage.

Still the tactics by her solicitors did not stop, they even at one point tried to claim they could not view the footage. I did instruct my insurers I was willing to take my lap top and disc to their offices so they could view the footage, funny I was never invited to do so.

In June of 2012 my insurers said as far as they were concerned it looked as though the claim against me had probably been dropped. They had not heard anything from her solicitors since they claimed around early 2011 that they could not view the footage. I know legally they have 3 years to take me to court.

I'm still in limbo and I find it disgusting that this still hangs over me until the end of September. If they have dropped it why no acknowledgement? After their opening letter which was vicious to say the least but probably a normal scare tactic, you would think they would have a moral duty to confirm this so that I know the ordeal is over. Basically what I want to know is, if I hear nothing from her legal team when the three year period is up can I take action against them for the stress and anxiety they have caused me or against the woman herself. What I said at the begining was her claim was nonesense and the CCTV footage which they have had access to since January 2011 proved that my original statement in September 2010 was correct.
    Tags: None

Re: Personal Injury Claim?

Are you asking for advice because nothing new has happened since June 2012?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Are you asking for advice because nothing new has happened since June 2012?
      No. I am asking if I can make a claim after the 3 years are up, against her. For the anxiety and stress she has caused my wife and I, with an injury she caused to herself, which was down to her own negligence not mine.

Basically I feel she thought she saw a chance to make a claim, get a few hundred pounds etc. Everbody moves on, my insurance premiems go up she wins, I lose for something that was her fault.

Only problem for her is I managed to get the CCTV footage that proves her to be a liar.

Comment

Do you know if she has any money if you were to win any claim? If she doesn't then what's the point? Move on is perhaps the best advice.

Comment

It's not the money. I just want her to know how it feels. I've even considered sending her a letter after the 3 year period saying "I am considering taking legal advice on making a claim after the anxiety and stress she has caused me and my wife"

Obviously not intending to do anything, just leave her wondering, waiting for a letter to drop through the door. Let her see how it feels. Cruel maybe, but this compensation culture, ambulance chasing etc is becomming a plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger The Lodger View Post
            It's not the money. I just want her to know how it feels. I've even considered sending her a letter after the 3 year period saying "I am considering taking legal advice on making a claim after the anxiety and stress she has caused me and my wife"

Obviously not intending to do anything, just leave her wondering, waiting for a letter to drop through the door. Let her see how it feels. Cruel maybe, but this compensation culture, ambulance chasing etc is becomming a plague.
            Personally, I would rip her eyes out hang draw and quarter her and then burn her keep her alive some more and then strangle her with my own hands if I thought too much about it. In reality, I'd do nothing whatsoever since clearly I would have won and she lost. Why give a loser anymore attention when they do not deserve it?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              Do you know if she has any money if you were to win any claim? If she doesn't, then what's the point?
              It would provide work for some poor, starving lawyer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X