• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2 warrents 1 walking possession can they levy on both warrents on one form 8?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 warrents 1 walking possession can they levy on both warrents on one form 8?

I'm asking this question on behalf of a very shy acquaintance of mine whos got into a bit of bother with Equita and the bailiff..like most on this site!
    There has or should i say 2 warrants of execution for unpaid council tax..1 for a small amount outstanding for 2011/2012 and one for the year 2012/2013.
    the bailiff came to his door in the December 2011 and he let him in..the bailiff did the walking possession thing and levied on some electrical equipment.
    the warrant for the 2013/2013 hadnt been issued at this point...
    Due to him then working away..abroad until june 2012 a warrant was issued for council tax 2012/2013..
    My mate had a look at this site and used one of the letters to request the list of fees that the bailiff has applied to the account
    the fees include 2 levy fees..1 for the 2011 and 1 for the 2012/13 when the bailiff hasnt been round since the december 2011?
    Question.. can the bailiff apply a second levy fee on the 2012/2013 account on the walking possession done in/for the previous year 2011/2012?? I haven't got a clue so i'm asking everyone else!!
    Tags: None

Re: 2 warrents 1 walking possession can they levy on both warrents on one form 8?

A WP done for one debt cannot be rolled on to another AFAIK. Equita are known for using the Lewis Carroll Wonderland Book Of fees as amended by the Brothers Grimm, so wouldn't stick to the law unless they are soundly chastised, in the manner used by Delbert Grady at the Overlook Hotel.

Comment

Re: 2 warrents 1 walking possession can they levy on both warrents on one form 8?

I didnt think they could but need to be sure before i advise my friend.. do you have any legal paper thingy whatsits you can refer me to?

Comment

Originally posted by tattybogals View Post
        I'm asking this question on behalf of a very shy acquaintance of mine whos got into a bit of bother with Equita and the bailiff..like most on this site!
        There has or should i say 2 warrants of execution for unpaid council tax..1 for a small amount outstanding for 2011/2012 and one for the year 2012/2013. They aren't Warrants of Execution, they are Liability Orders.
        the bailiff came to his door in the December 2011 and he let him in..the bailiff did the walking possession thing and levied on some electrical equipment. Does he still have the Notice of Seizure? Did he actually sign it & if so what were the terms agreed?
        the warrant for the 2013/2013 hadnt been issued at this point...
        Due to him then working away..abroad until june 2012 a warrant was issued for council tax 2012/2013..
        My mate had a look at this site and used one of the letters to request the list of fees that the bailiff has applied to the account
        the fees include 2 levy fees..1 for the 2011 and 1 for the 2012/13 when the bailiff hasnt been round since the december 2011?
        Question.. can the bailiff apply a second levy fee on the 2012/2013 account on the walking possession done in/for the previous year 2011/2012?? I haven't got a clue so i'm asking everyone else!!
        You say he got a reply to the breakdown of charges, is it possible they can be listed complete with dates? Is the Bailiff claiming to have levied on the same goods as those done first time round? Has he confirmed the amounts owing with the Council? You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
        1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
        2 - the dates they were obtained
        3 - the addresses they were for
        4 - the period of time each covers
        5 - how much each one was for
        6 - how much is still outstanding
        7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
        8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X