• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

british gas and the unexpected default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• british gas and the unexpected default

hello all

so my story is i left a previous address back in 2009 (well was thrown out by my ex wife)

i sent a letter to all the utilities saying i had left and my forwarding address

now a few months back a default popped up on the cra's for british gas for over £1000 from 2010

so i rang british gas and settled the debt as i didnt want it on my file

i asked british gas to remove the default as they had not sent any bills or default notice to my new address they said someone would contact me

later they contacted me through there indian call centre and said no

obviously i wasnt happy so i sent a sar and i have now got it back and surprise surprise no letter from me with new address and no default notice and some other spurious accusations

my questions are

do they have to issue a default notice

also can they discuss my account with my ex if her name isnt on it

and why did it take over 2 years for a default from 2010 to appear on my credit file

i am looking for some way to have this removed as i genuinely had no clue it was in default as i recieved no information about outsanding money it would also appear most of the £1000 is in charges too

any help or advice is appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X