• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

caught shoplifting help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught shoplifting help

Yesterday i stupidly tried to shoplift a pot of face cream £14 from Tesco, something i have never done before and god knows what lead me to do this, i was caught and admitted what i'd done straight away. There was no point in showing myself anymore by trying to lie.
    I was taken to a freezing cold room at the back of the store asked again what i'd done so again i co-operated fully. The guy looked down his nose at me and told me he was calling the police. i asked him how long it might take them and I explained that i am a diabetic and needed to take medication in 40 minutes which was at home. I didn't get a reply. half an hour later a first aider came to see me and i again explained i needed to take medication and asked for a drink, i was refused and basically told it was my own fault i didn't have my medication with me. I realise this now. In total i was locked in this room for 4 and 3/4 hours with only 2 glasses of cold water. i was visited a further 3 times and practically begged each time for a warm drink as it was so cold but was told as i was a thief cold water was all i would be getting. i do appreciate what i did was wrong but also think i should have been treated a bit more like a human. the police never arrived and eventually i was sent home with a RLP letter.
    Aunty P
    Tags: None

Re: caught shoplifting help

Deleted - duplicate post.

Comment

Diabetic denied medication. Held for nearly 5 hours. No police attendance.

If you really wanted to, you could sue them for this.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
        Diabetic denied medication. Held for nearly 5 hours. No police attendance.
        False imprisonment, in conditions not dissimilar to some forms of torture.

Denial of basic comforts and of medicine as a form of wholly improper and illegal punishment.

If you really wanted to, you could sue them for this.
        And get a lot more in damages than the claim wacky Jacky might now send.

Comment

Thank you so much for replying, do i wait for the letter to come from RLP or complain to Tesco? I do feel really stupid because what i did was wrong.
          Aunty P

Comment

Ignore Tesco for the time being, unless you want to claim damages/compensation for how they mistreated you. They would only prove themselves to be arrogant, unfeeling and convinced that what their stupid staff did was right.

If you do want to claim damages, any contact with them would be better made through a solicitor.

Comment

Which Tesco store was it?

Comment

to make matters worse as i left the store i passed the pharmacy and on their counter was a charity box for "diabetes" :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                Aunty P

Comment

Originally posted by aunty p View Post
                  to make matters worse as i left the store i passed the pharmacy and on their counter was a charity box for "diabetes" :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                  Next time, push in a sachet of sugar. :rofl:

Comment

hhahah :tinysmile_grin_t:
                    Aunty P

Comment

I've now had a letter from RLP, they want £162.39....... what do i do?
                      Aunty P

Comment

Originally posted by aunty p View Post
                        I've now had a letter from RLP, they want £162.39...
                        They've put their prices up!

what do i do?
                        Read my PM, as this forum may be seen by "guests".

And have a look at the attached file - or download a copy to show to your lawyers.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thank you.
                          Aunty P

Comment

It is a privilege to offer such assistance as I am able to give.

After all, I must do something to atone for my late mother's labour pains. :grin:

Comment

I've now had a third letter from RLP, and so far have ignored them all. I also intend to do the same with this one. Will keep you posted.
                              Aunty P

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X