• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Former employers failure to disclose, please help x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former employers failure to disclose, please help x

4 weeks tomorrow is court day, we have been told by there solicitor that statements will be exchanged 2 weeks before the court date, can this date be changed or is it set in stone.

Comment

Hmm. Trick question!

Can it be changed - no.
      Will the documents arrive on time - probably not
      What can you do when they don't - go back to top of page!

Just make sure that you comply, and report non compliance to the tribunal.

Comment

can you please advise what we should do regarding exchanging statements,they must be exchanged by next tuesday. their solicitor has been very unreliable and slow in the communication area to put it politely. we are nervous of sending our statement to them because we cant be sure when they will send theres,i hope that makes sense any advice very gratefully recieved x

Comment

Send yours. This is not tit for tat. There is no benefit to delaying.

Comment

thanks Eloise we dont want to delay but we are concerned that statements from them may be changed before submitting them once they have read dads. it wont change the facts and we have original statements from there disclosures but we expect some of them to be updated and dont want them doing it unfairly does that make more sense?

Comment

These are the final statements by the way the case is 3 weeks Tuesday, if we send dads to there representative on Tuesday as were supposed to I'm sure she will send her clients to dad as she is a professional I think maybe I'm just becoming nervouse and paranoid as the date draws nearer !!!

Comment

Yes, there is always a danger that statements could be changed, but it happens less frequently than people think - and judges are not idiots whereas people who change statements often are!

Comment

Hi all just over a week to go,got witness statements from respondent nothing unexpected which is good,I was wondering if witnesses are allowed into the hearing before giving evidence or reading there statements? Or do they have to wait outside until called?

Comment

No - it's a much less formal sort of court and everyone just piles in!

Comment

Thanks Eloise, not long to go now about 10days, there doesn't seem to be any offer from them as yet do you think they might or not bother now and let the court decide ?

Comment

Oh goodness - it isn't unusual to settle on the morning you arrive at the tribunal. Loads of time yet!

Comment

7 days and counting

Comment

You will know that they are unlikely to settle when you walk through the doors of the court, not before. And even that isn't a guarantee as I have known settlements to be reached during the case! Not often, but it happens.

Comment

i obviously think my dad will win but personaly im not sure about his health, since all this started its gone down hill quick,for this reason i would prefer they made at least an offer so he dosent have the stress to deal with on the day,i suppose we just have to wait .x

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
                                You will know that they are unlikely to settle when you walk through the doors of the court, not before. And even that isn't a guarantee as I have known settlements to be reached during the case! Not often, but it happens.
                                This is true. I settled a case (not ET) at lunchtime after the opponent had heard enough during the morning in court and decided to surrender rather than risk defeat and even more costs :yield:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X