• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

do i have a case for a mis sold mortgage by GE money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do i have a case for a mis sold mortgage by GE money

Originally posted by respect View Post
    when i telephoned GE money on Tuesday16th April to request they send the brokers letter to me - as yet has not arrived - i do not know who the new broker is - GE money were very vague about them - they could not tell me! - they said, i would have to make inquiries myself - until i receive the letter i can't act further - or can you give me advice on how to achieve this?
    And yes, they did not take our financial circumstances into account - which only makes me more determent to go further with my complaint.
    What new broker? Once the broker has arranged your mortgage that's the end of the business relationship (in 2008). If that broker got it wrong (in 2008) and subsequently went into administriation then you complain to FSCS as previously said.

You seem very angry, has something else happend like mortgage arrears problems or is the end of the loan term due any minute and you're worried about how you can pay it off? Something must have triggered your enquiry so let's see if we can help with that underlying issue too

Comment

You are very clever - i never missed a payment as made sure it was paid DD as soon as pay went into bank - and yes you are right to assume that the term is due to end - on July 2nd - i am really worried.
      especially when the broker visited the home did not make it clear and said an interest only was the best mortgage for our circumstances - i should not have been as trusting - or as i see it now stupid

Comment

You are very clever - i never missed a payment as made sure it was paid DD as soon as pay went into bank - and yes you are right to assume that the term is due to end - on July 2nd - i am really worried.
        especially when the broker visited the home did not make it clear and said an interest only was the best mortgage for our circumstances - i should not have been as trusting - or as i see it now stupid

Comment

yes loan ends on July 2nd - did not fall behind in my payments - DD every month - broker did not make clear to myself or my husband the way a interest only mortgage worked - said it was the best one for our circumstances. we are paying for the lack in information given to us - we are not clear on any of the mortgage deals - therefore thought he was acting in our best interest - stupid or what

Comment

You are very clever
            Well thank you :yo:

I have had loans from GE Money so I know how they work. It seems the priority for you is to try to get the loan term extended while you either re-finance or sell the property. If your credit rating is good they may offer you a new product through one of their intermediaries (because GE Money don't deal direct with the public). Luckily for you they are one of the few niche market lenders who are still lending but it will probably have to be on a repayment basis this time because interest only mortgages are not readily available anymore

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/mortgage...mediaries.html

None of this stops you complaining about the original broker who may have missold you the product but that can take months to process. If it was me I'd put my energy into pursuading GE Money to come up with an extension to your loan

Comment

No the re mortgage was not taken out then - taken out in 2008
              The rules regarding tax relief on interest only mortgages altered in 1984 which is why I asked, before this time it was one of the preferred options for many brokers.

I have to say that this is quite a short arrangement, only 5 years, if you expected to repay the Principle and the interest your installments must have been a large proportion of the property alue
              Last edited by gravytrain; 20th April 2013, 19:08:PM.

Comment

I wrote to them 2 weeks ago for an extention on my loan - they have not replied - when i telephoned them they would not consider this at all!!!!!
                There advice was to sell/ repossesstion/litigation
                If it came to repossession - what would you advice me to do?

Comment

Over the 5years i paid in total around £26,000 - left with balance of £72,000.

Comment

Did you pay a deposit , you say you bought in 2008, does this mean that you are now in negative equity

Comment

I wrote to them 2 weeks ago for an extention on my loan - they have not replied - when i telephoned them they would not consider this at all!!!!!
                      There advice was to sell/ repossesstion/litigation
                      If it came to repossession - what would you advice me to do?
                      Try not to think in those terms :hug:

Repossession can take months but you don't want to lose control of the sale so avoid it at all cost. Sometimes a lender will let you stay in a property following the end of a mortgage term if the house is on the market and you continue to pay the interest. You do have options so don't panic yet. I'll be back after the weekend :typing:

Comment

can you give me a specific area as there seems to be many different places on the Trinity website

Comment

Thanks need more help with this - speak after weekend

Comment

No deposit - and yes in negative equity

Comment

Just catching up on this thread and wondering how you are getting on? Can I just ask why this was over such a short term? Were you coming up to retirement?
                              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Subbing to this as I have Just began a case with the FSCS myself for missold mortgage as the broker turned out to be somewhat iffy (I'll start a new thread concerning this) with GE
                                sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X