• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disability Allowance Claim, going to tribunal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disability Allowance Claim, going to tribunal

Tbh.....I'm not being changed until 2015/16 so I don't actually know if it's any harder to meet the criteria.BUT I do think,in your case,you definitely should apply..it's worth the time incase you get a Yes this time.

Comment

You may save money by joining a health savings plan, if you are able to afford to. These involving paying in a monthly subscription of typically between £10 and £30 a month, in exchange for which you can claim for the cost of seeing osteopath, chiropractor, physio up to an agreed amount each your. They will also cover the costs of opticinas and dentists fees, things which many people have to pay for anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
        You may save money by joining a health savings plan, if you are able to afford to. These involving paying in a monthly subscription of typically between £10 and £30 a month, in exchange for which you can claim for the cost of seeing osteopath, chiropractor, physio up to an agreed amount each your. They will also cover the costs of opticinas and dentists fees, things which many people have to pay for anyway.
        Be sure to check wording of policy before purchasing.... especially with reference to pre existing conditions.
        Generally they will not be covered or will be excluded for a time (e.g. the first twelve months)

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
          Hi, I will certainly look in to it and see what I can afford. I just find it very worrying that there is literally no help out there for me, doesn't make me look at all forward to the future where undoubtedly, my condition will worsen.

Comment

I'm a bit miffed that your Drs don't offer gym times etc. I'm starting to realise how lucky I am with my Drs.
            I get swimming time at a greatly reduced cost and sessions in the gym to keep my 'core' healthy and to help with my depression,,the point being feeling better on the inside will help me feel better and more able to cope as my symptoms worsen.
            It may be a case of searching out what is available in your area. Does your 'illness' have a support site?

Comment

The PERTHES ASSOCIATION (www.perthes.org.uk) cover all forms of osteochodritis, which includes Scheurmanns.
              They will be able to give advice and support. I have no experience of how effective this might be as my son declined to contact them.

Re the difference in Drs offering a more holistic approach, here in Wales I think it is down to a difference between Health Boards. In England it might be down to individual drs. It will depend on who controls the funding.

Comment

You're probably right des,,my Drs own the practice so maybe that's why we get the treatment we do.

Comment

I live in a rural area of Wales. The doctors surgery has a high turnover of doctors, it's hard to see the same one twice (before they've gone) or unless I can wait several weeks.
                  One Polish GP told me (nastily) that she was not giving me the DWP requested Med 3 because it was illegal! She wiped the floor with me because I said I referred myself to Social Services/OT.
                  Most GP's say they cannot write 'supporting evidence' for DWP 'because they don't know me' - shouldn't they be able to read my file?
                  Also patients classed as 'high maintenance' find it hard to get onto the list of another surgery.
                  I made a complaint to the NHS about the practice nurse stopping my extra pain meds and they advised me to contact the makers of the drug and ask their advice!!
                  Trying to get supporting evidence from any of the GP's is useless.
                  There aren't exactly dozens of surgeries in the area and most have a bad rep.
                  I have even offered to pay for an X-ray because 3 GP's refused to order one (nerve compression in neck, no X-ray for 14 yrs) but one GP said I could have my toe x-rayed after I broke it getting up a step???
                  We can't win.
                  DWP gave me low rate care DLA (after a 4 yr battle) because I can't cook a meal. They ignored the fact that I can't dress, get into or out of a bath, turn in bed (to reduce severe pain) or get out of bed etc. When I asked them to 'look again' they stopped the DLA.
                  Another battle and I was awarded low rate care again for 12 months. No mobility at all although many days I can't walk at all.
                  I have Cervical Spondolysis, Fibromyalgia, slipped discs in lower spine,nerve compression and damage in neck and back, Bursitis in hips, shoulders, wrists, arthritis almost everywhere, COPD, and spinal stenosis with severe (suicidal) muscle spasms. :wub::tinysmile_cry_t:
                  I don't live, I exist.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                    I am aware that Scoliosis is a lateral curvature of the spine, having come across it when working with adults and children with neuro-muscular disorders in the past. Could you please enlighten us as to what your condition - Scheuermann's Disease - is and how it affects you in your daily life. It is from this that we can then see how we can help you. What the others have said about giving the DWP chapter and verse about how you are on your worst day is the best policy. Also, you need to bear in mind that DWP Decision Makers (DM) are not very well educated and often come up with crazy and inexplicable decisions, ranging from decisions that defy medical science and the laws of physics to decisions that are potentially unlawful or put the claimant at risk of detriment to their health or endangers their safety.
                    RESPECT TO YOU BLUEBOTTLE, you can be in my corner "anytime, and every time." As what you said just nails it on the head.

These ( DM's ) are not well educated, furthermore they are not "claimants friends" they are just there to make a decision that holts the claim up for as long as they can. "That is what there job is ",

Force Claimants to appeals process, (as this is long and lengthy) all "time waisting tactics" which save the government lots of money .

" Inexplicable decisions"/"defy medical science"/"laws of physics", don't matter what they say, or do, in these answers as the result they want , is arrived to , Delay the claim, tie you up in red tape , force you to appeal,

Then when the appeal comes.
                    Accept your application (only on the evidence that you say/provide at the tribunal appeal} saying that " we accept your evidence orally now , but we stand by the decisions we made before, based on the information we had at the time provided by you.
                    Your payment will start from NOW. Your back pay is nulled.

Which brings me to your last para, " Decisions potentioally unlawful. " "that may result as the claimant could be at risk." "or detriment to his/her health" ( Well said ) These are phrases that the claimant needs to be emailing them constantly, and reminding them about, asking for (FOI) requests, all reports to be facilitated to claimant, demanding reviews before appeal.

Makes them a little unnerved when you start documenting things like that in emails.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X