• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

He could SAY the letter has been signed in gold by Elvis Presley.....

Comment

I don't know. He's going through a bunch of letters. Maybe the one he reads at the end is just referring to one particular incident and they've let him off this one ticket (a couple of minutes earlier he says he told lies when appealing against one ticket) God, I hope not too many others take his very dubious advice.

Comment

It is very dangerous this FMOTL Doctrine

From my own investigations, it seems it has originated from Canada

As i have stated previous, not one defence that has been used in any court has been successful with the followers of this cult, and i will call it a cult as it has absolutely no status in modern society and avoid of any established practice.

People who use this will end up in serious trouble, not only in the civil courts, but criminal also. I have great respect for the impartiality of the judiciary and their fairness, but their patience will only go so far if people do not accept the consequences of their actions

That is just my own personal opinion and no disrespect meant

Comment

Yes, he must be following this freeman on the land thing, I just couldn't remember if he used that term or not, but the things he says, in for example this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNU8fN1JKCA all seem to point towards it.

Here's a good article: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman...nce_techniques
          And here's one from The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...gy-bullet-debt

Comment

Looking at the video you have posted up. This chap seems an educated man in his reasoning, but misguided.

We are governed by consent, you can go back to the roman empire with the senate as an example. We have the legislature, that being parliament to set obligations and standards to live by. It must be good as it has been in existence, common law since 1066.

Our consent to make laws is through a general election through a political parties election manifesto, so how can he say he has not been given a choice, it is called the ballot box.

I GIVE UP

He is going on about admiralty law now, what the hell has admiralty law got to do with contracts, it is true we have common or civil law, and little known Admiralty law if you want to go back to its founder in England, Eleanor of Aquitaine 800 years ago.

Admiralty Law is now used when a ship is registered to a certain country and flies that countries flag. The ship then operates under the laws of that country. It is just a form of law to govern Navigation, Commerce, and Shipping.

The UK no longer has American colonies who used to operate under Admiralty law, they might have when "Britannia ruled the Waves"

I give up on this argument

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
              Isn't this the same clip we have seen twice before on this thread.

By the way until LB makes you a modd, you cannot tell people not to post. (well you can but it will make no odds)

Here Here!

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
                Looking at the video you have posted up. This chap seems an educated man in his reasoning, but misguided.

We are governed by consent, you can go back to the roman empire with the senate as an example. We have the legislature, that being parliament to set obligations and standards to live by. It must be good as it has been in existence, common law since 1066.

Our consent to make laws is through a general election through a political parties election manifesto, so how can he say he has not been given a choice, it is called the ballot box.

I GIVE UP

He is going on about admiralty law now, what the hell has admiralty law got to do with contracts, it is true we have common or civil law, and little known Admiralty law if you want to go back to its founder in England, Eleanor of Aquitaine 800 years ago.

Admiralty Law is now used when a ship is registered to a certain country and flies that countries flag. The ship then operates under the laws of that country. It is just a form of law to govern Navigation, Commerce, and Shipping.

The UK no longer has American colonies who used to operate under Admiralty law, they might have when "Britannia ruled the Waves"

I give up on this argument

At a lecture once a Professor stated Admiralty Law = We are an Island and it is used!

Comment

Admiralty law (also referred to as maritime law) is a distinct body of law which governs maritime questions and offenses. It is a body of both domestic law governing maritime activities, and private international law governing the relationships between private entities which operate vessels on the oceans. It deals with matters including marine commerce, marine navigation, shipping, sailors, and the transportation of passengers and goods by sea. Admiralty law also covers many commercial activities, although land based or occurring wholly on land, that are maritime in character.
                  Admiralty law is distinguished from the Law of the Sea, which is a body of public international lawdealing with navigational rights, mineral rights, jurisdiction over coastal waters and international law governing relationships between nations.
                  Although each legal jurisdiction usually has its own enacted legislation governing maritime matters, admiralty law is characterized by a significant amount of international law developed in recent decades, including numerous multilateral treaties.

Comment

Thanks for that GO84 most entertaining, he certainly has a positive grasp on what he believes. I particularly enjoyed his discourse on maritime law, and analogy with the human reproductive cycle and birthing process.

The court case says it all, and is a testament to the patience of some within our legal system, but ending in the only way it could.

I have thought very carefully about this, because no judge likes sending anyone to prison, and contempt, which carries a maximum sentence of two years, is an area in which the court has to be particularly careful. I think if this were the first hearing of the summon or the first occasion when Ms. Watson had come, and if this was the first occasion on which she had the opportunity to express her contrition I might have granted an adjournment, but I am not minded to do so. She was told in terms by Bodey J. that she should attend. He is a High Court Judge and his orders, like every other order of a High Court Judge, are there to be obeyed. It follows that I see no alternative but to send Ms. Watson directly to prison. I will, however, make it quite clear that I will entertain any application she makes to purge her contempt if she can show that she is genuinely contrite and if she can take active steps to remove from the public domain that which she has wrongfully put into the public domain. But, in the meantime, with that caveat that I will entertain any application to purge her contempt, she will go to a prison for a term of nine months.

Comment

But which takes Precedence

Common or Admiralty Law on our little island

Has to be common Law

Still cant work out how and why it was applied to the American colonies, probably because they had no legislature before the declaration of Independence.

Mind you, surly as an English colony, they would operate under the English parliament as they are on land, not sea

I think they used Admiralty Law as it negated the protections of English common law for their own advantage

Time for some more research me thinks

Comment

I give up on this argument.
                        Easy, I'm not arguing with you here. I'm glad you stopped by, your comments have been reassuring.

This chap seems an educated man in his reasoning, but misguided.
                        Sorry but that is not what I call a well-educated person nor a particularly intelligent person, and I'm not just being snobbish about his accent/dialect.
                        Last edited by GO84; 27th April 2013, 17:29:PM.

Comment

I don't usually like quoting this source, but it does repeat his arguments word for word, there is also a list of people who tried them in court and the outcomes at the end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

Comment

This is why at the beginning thread I was quite surprised and slightly frustrated at the indifferent attitude some seemed to have and the "Don't knock him if his methods have worked for him" and "He's entitled to try this approach" comments. And then a few people started trying to wind me up and this thread became a bit of a farce.
                            Last edited by GO84; 27th April 2013, 17:42:PM.

Comment

What i will say is

Thank you for the debate, it has been a pleasure to discuss this matter in a logical and educated manner, without the usual know it all stamping their feet of authority over everyone points of view.

I have visited other forums and i am really starting to not only enjoy, but to learn off people who contribute to this consumer site
                              Last edited by FORCEOFONE; 27th April 2013, 18:27:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
                                This is why at the beginning thread I was quite surprised and slightly frustrated at the indifferent attitude some seemed to have and the "Don't knock him if his methods have worked for him" and "He's entitled to try this approach" comments. And then a few people started trying to wind me up and this thread became a bit of a farce.
                                I think it was more about the way you seemed to be making a personal assult on someone because they have different beliefs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X