• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Why does this particular chap annoy you so much? There are loads of people out there with opinions that differ to mine, but I just read, smile to myself maybe and move on.

His actions will have no real bearing on others unless you allow for the fractional drop in revenue to a local council that his activities generate.

Having worked in local government for 5 years, I could tell you about all the dreadfully wasteful stuff the elected Members get up to which is of far greater significance and cost to the local electorate.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I just want to know, is he really right? Do we really have to right to refuse to pay parking charges? Or penalties? I know you are always allowed to appeal, but if it's a situation where you haven't got a leg to stand on, it's stupid isn't it?

I once got ticketed for parking in a disabled space. I didn't mean to, the markings on the ground weren't too clear, I tried appealing but they sent me back a photo of my car and slap bang next to it was a little disabled signpost that I hadn't noticed when I parked. So knowing I was in the wrong, I promptly paid the £25 (if I didn't within 2 weeks it would have risen to £50) I often think they go overboard with disabled parking spaces nowadays but I don't deliberately park in them.
      Last edited by GO84; 18th April 2013, 22:25:PM.

Comment

If a parking ticket has been issued by a local authority, they are backed by legislation and are enforceable. Mickey Mouse parking tickets issued by private parking tickets are not backed by legislation and are not enforceable.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
          No, you can't be entitled to attempt something illegal, otherwise it would be legal!

I've done a bit of dabbling reading up on a lot of the FMOTL concepts and theories, the main point is the difference between Legal and Lawful, Common law and Admiralty Law (law of the sea), to be fair some of it is quite interesting stuff, however, I'll echo the other comments on here and the people doing this have to go into it with their eyes wide open. This is not an excuse to not pay for something because you've been caught. It's more of a lifestyle choice if you believe the Government is corrupt and want to withdraw your consent.

Annoys me a little on some of the sites how people call themselves Freemen and then start quoting acts of Parliament:P There are no acts of parliament in common law

Comment

I personally don't see how something written up centuries ago can really be that relevant to today's world. It seems absurd that some of these really old laws still hold any water now. They come from a time when among other things women weren't allowed to vote and at sea captains could hang sailors at will for committing certain crimes. Like I think it's ridiculous that the US Constitution's 2nd Ammendment hasn't been done away with, I think gun-loving Americans just want it as an excuse to cling onto their guns.

Comment

I personally don't see how something written up centuries ago can really be that relevant to today's world. Because it allows the concept of precedent and caselaw to develop, caselaw and interpretation and Common Law are what underpin our legal system, if you remove common law you run the danger of removing common sense It seems absurd that some of these really old laws still hold any water now. They come from a time when among other things women weren't allowed to vote and at sea captains could hang sailors at will for committing certain crimes. Like I think it's ridiculous that the US Constitution's 2nd Ammendment hasn't been done away with, I think gun-loving Americans just want it as an excuse to cling onto their guns.
              The alternative is Corpus Juris, the European model to which our politicos are moving towards, where things are unlawful and only permitted if the right is Expressly granted under legislation; rather than Habeus Corpus that stems from Magna Carta, and the Bill Of Rights of 1688 where nothing is unlawful or prohibited unless expressly prohibited in law Statute or Common and caselaw.

I know which system I prefer, as otherwise after a minor incident you would be carted off to jail whilst inquiries are made as happens in many EU countries under Corpus Juris, where the presumption is guilt, and you prove your innocence. This is a simplistic missive however.

Comment

I personally don't see how something written up centuries ago can really be that relevant to today's world. It seems absurd that some of these really old laws still hold any water now. They come from a time when among other things women weren't allowed to vote and at sea captains could hang sailors at will for committing certain crimes. Like I think it's ridiculous that the US Constitution's 2nd Ammendment hasn't been done away with, I think gun-loving Americans just want it as an excuse to cling onto their guns.
                Realistically, and I ask the same question that Celestine has posed, what is the reason that you personally have against the person on youtube? Why do you want us to label him a "nutter" "crackpot" when clearly his method is not one most of us would take, his approach is not one most of us would take yet he continues to be successful in that approch?

Can I ask whether you have asked the same question on Pepipoo(spelling might be questonable) which is a specifically parking fine related forum? If you have can I ask for the link to that post(more for interest purposes than anything else)?
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

No, I did not ask the question on that other forum. I really came find here to find out if there's any truth to his claims that he has no right to pay for parking tickets.

Frankly I think he is a crackpot, I don't like his "the rules don't apply to me" attitude, I don't think he's very intelligent at all, he might have read some things but I really doubt he has a clue what he's on about. He's using it to behave like a pikey, even if he doesn't mean to be like this, to me that's what he's like. If you disagree with parking charges, don't use those spaces, no one is forcing you to park there. Parking there anyway and protesting against charges that are clearly stated (there's no deception) is just stupid. I don't care about the money he's costing the council, it's his principles that I find totally pathetic and misguided. He doesn't seem to be protesting against anything worthwhile, self-righteous people like him are just making a nuisance of themselves. Like those people who film police officers and refuse to switch their cameras off when asked and start spouting all this crap about their rights (which probably isn't too accurate) making complete fools of themselves. If I was filming anyone and they asked me not to, I would do so out of common courtesy. They aren't achieving anything, they're just wasting the time of policemen who supposed to be fighting crime and preserving law and order. I think anyone who truly thinks we live in a corrupt country or a police state is soft in the head and full of crap.

This bloke is classic example of "a little knowledge is dangerous thing". If he has a law degree, or any proper degree, I'll eat my hat. He's a simpleton.
                  Last edited by GO84; 19th April 2013, 11:35:AM.

Comment

No, I did ask the question on that other forum. I came find here to find out if there's any truth to his claims that he has no right to pay for parking tickets.

Frankly I think he is a crackpot, I don't like his "the rules don't apply to me" attitude, I don't think he's very intelligent, he might have read some things but I really doubt he has a clue what he's on about. He's using it to behave like a pikey, even if he doesn't mean to be like this, to me that's what he's like. If you disagree with parking charges, don't use those spaces, no one is forcing you to park there. Parking there anyway and protesting against charges that are clearly stated (there's no deception) is just stupid. I don't care about the money he's costing the council, it's his principles that I found totally pathetic and misguided. He doesn't seem to be protesting against anything worthwhile, self-righteous people like him are just making a nuisance of themselves. Like those people who film police officers and refuse to switch their cameras off when asked and start spouting all this crap about their rights (which probably isn't completely accurate) making complete fools of themselves. If I was filming anyone and they asked me not to, I would do so out of common courtesy. They aren't achieving anything, they're just wasting the time of people who supposed to be fighting crime and preserving law and order. I think anyone who truly thinks we live in a corrupt country or a police state is soft in the head and full of crap.

This bloke is classic example of "a little knowledge is dangerous thing". If he has a law degree, or any proper degree, I'll eat my hat. He's a simpleton.
                    Hillsborough? Birmingham bombings in the 1970's? Some would add, I don't, tax breaks for the rich and tax breaks for companies who pay little or no tax in this country.(in relation to a corrupt country)

On the opposite side, there has been a lot worse than what the guy has said. For example, the UK is a limited company......the reality is that somebody set up a company in 2008(I would venture shortly before these claims were made) and the company was struck off two years later but it means that fact checking is difficult.

Personally, I would not be too worried. He has an approach and it works and because the majority of people do not use the same approach then the legal departments cannot be bothered to chase him. Also, I think he said he has fought 6 tickets in 5 years so that is hardly a prolonged or is not a persistent offender(please correct that number btw).

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      Hillsborough? Birmingham bombings in the 1970's? Some would add, I don't, tax breaks for the rich and tax breaks for companies who pay little or no tax in this country.(in relation to a corrupt country)
                      I'm not saying corruption never happens in Britain but it is far from a thoroughly corrupt place.

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      Personally, I would not be too worried.
                      I was only worried about him for a moment because I thought he was an ignorant, thick person who getting himself into big trouble. But now I don't really care about the money lost through his flouting of parking charges and TV licence fees, but I don't have any respect for him. Anyone who uses terms like New World Order is always a crackpot.

Comment

I'm not saying corruption never happens in Britain but it is far from a thoroughly corrupt place.

I was only worried about him for a moment because I thought he was an ignorant, thick person who getting himself into big trouble. But now I don't really care about the money lost through his flouting of parking charges and TV licence fees, but I don't have any respect for him. Anyone who uses terms like New World Order is always a crackpot.
                        New World Order? Oh god, not that. That is the worst thing I've heard but being a fan so to speak of fixed US Wrestling, I remember Hulk Hogan coming onto WCW Wrestling using the name "New World Order". They were the baddies. Apologies for the way off topic post but could not resist when I hear NWO yet again....

Comment

I think if he really believes in what he's on about, he should try and live self-sufficiently away from civilisation, not living in the middle of a town trying to avoid paying for things and being an obstinate non-conformist.

Comment

I think if he really believes in what he's on about, he should try and live self-sufficiently away from civilisation, not living in the middle of a town trying to avoid paying for things and being an obstinate non-conformist.
                            But realistically did the video's say 7 parking tickets in 5 years? That's not a high rate of parking where he should not have parked.

Comment

When I asked him, he did not deny that he refused to pay parking charges (putting money in machines) on "public property" (meaning parking spaces in streets and council-run car parks. He basically said it's public property therefore he belongs to him (as well as everyone else) and the state only owns it in trust to serve the public, so he should not have to pay to park on his own land.

A couple of times recently, I parked in kerbside spaces in town without paying because I was only dropping something off for 2 minutes. I felt that I could get away with it, I know the risk I was taking and if I got fined, I would not kick up a massive fuss about it.

Comment

I've asked the question twice now, is the number of tickets he has faced 7 over 5 years?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X