• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

There's this bloke on Youtube I've come across this evening. He clearly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and does seem rather confused and deluded. He thinks his council can't make him pay for parking fines because it's public property, so he thinks it belongs to everyone and they're just trying to con people to make money. So presumably he's using city car parks without bothering to pay. I've tried to talk sense to him, but he keeps blocking me.

He's heard of the "No contract" thing, where supposedly if you write that on a PCN and send it back, they can't touch you. And he keeps referring to the 1689 Bill of Rights. I have never studied the law but I do have common sense. Just tell me it's not true that you don't have to pay parking fines (unless it's from a private company but that's been stopped now, hasn't it?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxu1nwP8m8

It's quite sad really. He has a baby that he's refused to give a vaccination to for some misguided reason.
    Tags: None

Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

It's a FMOL Freeman on The land common law, no contract so no jurisdiction argument he is postulating, some swear by this , but generally it is for the extremely brave or foolhardy to go with this method.

Comment

He's actually referred you to this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

We refer to Pepipoo: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

To be honest and I am not sure I would have gone as far as he has but being a nuisance will get it revoked. What he has stated is that he is not going to break the law(and he has put that in the comments he has made). So for example, he is not going to not pay a driving fine from a policeman but he will not pay parking fines and that is an approach that you can use.

I do not think personal attacks on his right to choose not to vaccinate his child has any relevance to the issue and I hope that is not brought up again on this thread because it's irrelevant to his viewpoint.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        It's a FMOL Freeman on The land common law, no contract so no jurisdiction argument he is postulating, some swear by this , but generally it is for the extremely brave or foolhardy to go with this method.
        He seems to think it's a get out of jail free card. He asked for me to give proof to back up my argument, I quickly found this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/16/section/2 but I don't know if he actually looked at it. He probably wouldn't understand a word of it anyway.
        Last edited by GO84; 18th April 2013, 21:14:PM.

Comment

One further comment, please try not to discredit someone on here as a nutter when clearly his method has worked, does work and is working. Most people will receive a fine from a supermarket for overstaying and pay it. That is foolish. Never pay it and you will never go to court.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            He's actually referred you to this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA
            That talks about PRIVATE car parking companies, not the council. He seems to think it applies to every car park.

Comment

If someone wishes to use FMOL or no contract it is up to them, it may even work. I wouldn't advocate FMOL as a general remedy, it is for the individual to research and go in with eyes wide open, and fully aware of the consequences if it goes pear shaped. If it works for someone, great, but it is not a mainstream remedy.

Comment

Surely you cannot just park in a public car park with ticket machines and use some archaic law to avoid paying? Surely legislation has changed from that?That's what he seems to think. There were more comments between us but he's deleted them now. I didn't get abusive, it was only the first post I called him a fool, then I decided to try and talk him round without being too insulting.

Comment

But you don't need to 'talk him round' do you?

He's as entitled to his approach as you are.

It's unlikely to cause mass civil disobedience and is a risk/chance he is taking in full awareness of the risks.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It just sounds unbelievable. I could understand if he just meant those cowboy clamping firms, or a supermarket charging for overstaying like was said above, but he really seemed to think it meant any parking space on public property. If you really aren't obliged to pay to park anywhere, why doesn't everyone stop doing it? It would be chaos if people could park wherever the hell they liked.

Comment

It would be chaos, that is true. I personally think it is unlikely that you could 'systematically' get away with repeatedly failing to pay PENALTY charge notices. But the occasional individual manages to get away with certain debts by being a persistent pain in the backside. It doesn't necessarily mean they are right, it just means that the local councils legal team are unable to dedicate the time required to handling such individuals.
                      Also, I'd rather pay the few quid than dedicate the next 6 months of my life to defending myself on Freeman grounds.....seems like a poor economic decision to me.
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I'm with Celestine on this one we can advise, but it is up to an individual what course of action they take.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          He's as entitled to his approach as you are.
                          Oh, so if I didn't believe I should pay tax, I would be perfectly entitled to try and avoid it?

Isn't it directly breaking the law to not pay for a parking ticket (from a machine) for an urban parking space? What about the act I linked to?

Isn't this guy just being a complete crackpot?

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
                            Oh, so if I didn't believe I should pay tax, I would be perfectly entitled to try and avoid it?

Isn't it directly breaking the law to not pay for a parking ticket for an urban parking space? What about the act I linked to?
                            Yes you are entitled to TRY, but I am confident eventually the correct authorities would catch up with you.

If you read carefully, you'll note that I agree with you, just not your determination to 'talk him round'.

Comment

No, you can't be entitled to attempt something illegal, otherwise it would be legal!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X