• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recorded telephone conversations (Banking)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded telephone conversations (Banking)

Hello

I have an issue with my bank and I would like to obtain transcripts from them of 'recorded telephone conversations' so as to settle this issue.
    What actions should I take and/or what legal options do I have to obtain these transcripts.

Would be grateful for any information regards this matter.
    Tags: None

Re: Recorded telephone conversations (Banking)

Originally posted by rooftile View Post
    Hello

I have an issue with my bank and I would like to obtain transcripts from them of 'recorded telephone conversations' so as to settle this issue.
    What actions should I take and/or what legal options do I have to obtain these transcripts.

Would be grateful for any information regards this matter.
    What exactly is the issue? Generally speaking telephone calls are not kept for that long although a log of the call would be done. I would say that it would be less than a year at most. They will not provide a transcript of a call to a customer btw.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Have you made a request in writing for a subject data access request .This needs to be made to the data controller and costs £10. They will then provide the data you need although it may well be as transcripts. iIn future simply record the conversation . When they say this call may be recorded etc simply say likewise. I also understand that the other party does not need to be informed hat the call is being recorded if the purpose of t he call is either o establish the cost o the call or for the purposes of your taxreturn .

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
        Have you made a request in writing for a subject data access request .This needs to be made to the data controller and costs £10. They will then provide the data you need although it may well be as transcripts. iIn future simply record the conversation . When they say this call may be recorded etc simply say likewise. I also understand that the other party does not need to be informed hat the call is being recorded if the purpose of t he call is either o establish the cost o the call or for the purposes of your taxreturn .
        The fact is, while making a claim under PPI insurance, I was told that my actions were Fraudulent, insinuating that I'm a fraudulent person and this isn't the case.
        I've since settled my PPI issues with the bank (refund) but as a point of principle I don't believe they should call me a fraud and get away with it. Therefore I would like to obtain transcripts for the recorded conversations and take further action.

Comment

The fact is, while making a claim under PPI insurance, I was told that my actions were Fraudulent, insinuating that I'm a fraudulent person and this isn't the case.
          I've since settled my PPI issues with the bank (refund) but as a point of principle I don't believe they should call me a fraud and get away with it. Therefore I would like to obtain transcripts for the recorded conversations and take further action.
          What exactly did they say?
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

What sort of action would you like to take? Even if you managed to obtain such transcripts, where would you go with them? Being mistaken is not a criminal offence and you're not likely to be able to take civil action because someone called you something you didn't like over the phone. If that was the case, we'd all be carrying recorders and suing each other.

I don't like some of the things I've been called by email and I've got them in writing, yet I haven't been able to establish what law the sender may have broken by doing so, other than the common law of decency and respect. :ohwell:

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
              When I've sent SARs to banks, I've never received any transcripts of telephone calls, just call logs showing the number and, in some cases, very basic details such as the company name that answered the phone when they tried to ring a place I haven't worked in for many years.

Comment

you are probabally right Fp I have never actually done a sar Iwasworking on the assumtion that they would be kept as part ofthe rrequirement to keep customer records.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I believed that I may have had case... but then again I'm not a celebrity? An apology would have been nice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X