• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Help Needed

Hi all
    I havnt been around for a while but i am needing a little bit of help on this one if anyone can.

Back on 16th July 2006 I took out a loan with Advantage Finance Limited. Built in to this loan is a payment of £1,783.69 for PPI. The loan was paid in full by July 2010 with no claims made against it.
    Recently I decided to claim back my PPI, so filled out the nessesary paperwork and sent it to advantage to claim my refund. Within a few weeks I recieved a letter back from advantage, it reads as follows " Dear Mr XXXXXXX, Thankyou for your recent questionaire. Our records show that the sale of PPI policy concerned was actually conducted by Origin Financial Services Limited. FSA No 300013 and as such they bear the regulatory responsibility to deal with your complaint under FSA guidelines. We are sorry we are unable to help you further with this issue. Please accept this as our FINAL response".
    So i thought ok I will deal with them, So i searched them out only to find they are no longer authorised on the FSA register.
    Now its head against the wall time. The loan was with Advantage who say that Origin set up the deal, who have gone bust, the policy is from Car Protect.
    Please help, Who do i claim against?
    Thanks for any help
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Help Needed

According to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme website, Origin Financial Services Ltd were declared 'in default' on 3 May 2011 which means that you need to claim from FSCS http://www.fscs.org.uk/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X