• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Lowells and a statutory demand threat X 3!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WON!!! Lowells and a statutory demand threat X 3!!!

Originally posted by bmw2602 View Post
    not sure what to reply to their letter as i only have 30 days to reply before they possibly take action, i requested a cca request on the 05/04/203 and again 20/08/2017 to which they have not complied with.
    Unless I'm wrong there have been no previous county court claim/proceedings only the Statutory Demands. Or have I completely misunderstood this long thread?

A Statutory Demand is not a court document so it would/should not impact on the debt's SB status unless the debt was acknowledged in some way when those were being disposed of.

You say you have a s 77-79 CCA Request which has not been complied with so that's two potential legal arguments if they do issue proceedings (there're probably more!).

I'm not sure that letter requires a response but that's up to you. If you tell them what's wrong with the documents they sent, then they may try harder to reconstitute acceptable ones before issuing.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      They don't give up do they ! Yes you should respond to that, but I'm going to read back properly - I think you got the stat demands set aside, and they discontinued after your defended the court claim last time, and it was the same account each time previously ? so just double checking that's right. If it is then they are after a second bite of the cherry as they failed, and your statute barred clock just carried on ticking, so yes it should be stat barred now. That copy agreement is NOT the original CCA - obviously - you opened the account in 1999. They are pee'ing in the wind IMO. That's the best they can come up with after 4 years lol. Grrrr. It's still with Lucas so I wouldn't be worrying about impending court action. That's not a compliant letter before action either.

Hi All,

Thank You very much for all your help and info i really do appreciate it, i have been so stuck on what to reply to them .

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        They don't give up do they ! Yes you should respond to that, but I'm going to read back properly - I think you got the stat demands set aside, and they discontinued after your defended the court claim last time, and it was the same account each time previously ? so just double checking that's right. If it is then they are after a second bite of the cherry as they failed, and your statue barred clock just carried on ticking, so yes it should be stat barred now. That copy agreement is NOT the original CCA - obviously - you opened the account in 1999. They are pee'ing in the wind IMO. That's the best they can come up with after 4 years lol. Grrrr. It's still with Lucas so I wouldn't be worrying about impending court action. That's not a compliant letter before action either.

Hi all, just an update sent a statue barred letter on the 18th of November to cohen & cramer and i have received a reply letter attached, not sure what to make of it, thanks again for all your help I'm hoping they might give up now.
        Attached Files

Comment

Their 'client' would be Lowell Portfolio not Lowell Solicitors, and Cohen did say that in their last letter, just slapdash letter writing I expect .... that aside I think it just means Lowell have taken the debt back under their own wing... so add the letter to the ever expanding file and see what they do next... if anything.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X