• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Don't ever bank with santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't ever bank with santander

I urge everyone to think twice before dealing with Santander. I have recently been the victim of an online scam, but found some comforting regulations under the FSA (or FCSA as they are now) but will Santander admit to them? NO! Santander is on the peripheries of a scam merchant themselves. None of their customer service staff know the law, they are rude, aggressive and refuse to let you speak to a manager on the phone if you dispute their scant knowledge of the law. They tell you a different story every time you speak to them and they really could not care less about doing anything but fobbing you off. Furthermore, even at a supposedly quiet time of the day, it takes at least half an hour for anyone to answer the phone.

SANTANDER:::ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH BANK::O NOT USE.
    Tags: None

Re: Don't ever bank with santander

Originally posted by bertie30 View Post
    I urge everyone to think twice before dealing with Santander. I have recently been the victim of an online scam, but found some comforting regulations under the FSA (or FCSA as they are now) but will Santander admit to them? NO! Santander is on the peripheries of a scam merchant themselves. None of their customer service staff know the law, they are rude, aggressive and refuse to let you speak to a manager on the phone if you dispute their scant knowledge of the law. They tell you a different story every time you speak to them and they really could not care less about doing anything but fobbing you off. Furthermore, even at a supposedly quiet time of the day, it takes at least half an hour for anyone to answer the phone.

SANTANDER:::ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH BANK::O NOT USE.
    What's the story? How did you become victim of an online scam? Need more information to give any form of advice. And it's the Financial Conduct Authority I think that is the one you meant

Frontline staff are not trained on the law but merely on trying to resolve complaints when they are contacted.

Let's see what the issue is, what Santander did and then who we will contact to actually resolve this one. Please leave out the obvious identifiable markers such as the location of the branch you had the misfortune of dealing with.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I am a Santander customer and shareholder and have been for some years, but don't let that worry you. Some branches are better than others, but, as Leclerc says, frontline staff are not legally-trained. Follow Leclerc's advice.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I am also a Santander customer, not out of choice, they took over the A&L. Haven't had major problems other than having to struggle to get them to comply with a SAR (but ended up getting £50 in compo for my troubles).

I do know someone who had money vanish from his Santander account a few years ago (maybe 2006) but the matter was resolved.

Maybe if you tell us what your problem is…

Comment

Were the customer service staff you refer to based at your local branch, or at Milton Keynes or Bradford? There are also call centres in the North of England and Scotland. It would help if you could provide better details of your problem, as FP says, and also which office you dealt with.

Comment

A friend recently wanted to close a Santander current account. The counter staff refused to hand over the money (the vast sum of £8), unless she gave them full details (account numbers, the lot), of all her accounts elsewhere.

There was a short and extremely sharp exchange, after which she got her money.

Comment

Was the branch a flagship branch or a smaller branch, Enquirer? If a flagship branch (large branch), the staff need retraining as well as a good hard kick up their backsides.

Comment

Until the OP gives us further information then there is nothing that we can do. Recently a number of posters have put stuff up and the usual suspects have come onto the thread and then the original poster never bothers to update it. Either update it or we can move on.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  Was the branch a flagship branch or a smaller branch, Enquirer? If a flagship branch (large branch), the staff need retraining as well as a good hard kick up their backsides.
                  Rural branch. The smaller the pond, the bigger the fish.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X