• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RIPPED OFF by The claims guys a PPI claims company for £4,200 !! to mentally ill part

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIPPED OFF by The claims guys a PPI claims company for £4,200 !! to mentally ill part

Hi there im in desperate need of some help my mentally ill partner recently had a £11,000 ppi pay out with result to the claims guys claiming it for him i wasent aware he had done this as i know how easy it is to do ourselves this company cold called him offering to claim in for him on a no win no fee basis (no charges mentioned) being mentally ill he signed the forms he was sent without reading them now that we have received the money they now are constantly sending him letters and many phone calls asking for the £4,200 charge (30%) how ridiculous , i will not let him pay it until i seek legal advice ,in the meantime this has made his nerves really bad to the point where he is suicidal once again as he used the payout money to pay off all his debts ,now to be left in debt again i have wrote a letter in to the RIP OFF COMPANY!!!! THE CLAIMS GUYS!!!!!!!! explaining that he is mentally ill and is incapable of understanding this matter but they still continue to pester him for the money :-( i really dont know what to do PLEASE HELP US STOP THESE RIP OFF COMPANIES!!!!! where do i stand ? what shall i do next ???? thanks in advance xxx
    Tags: None

Re: RIPPED OFF by The claims guys a PPI claims company for £4,200 !! to mentally ill

It may be that you can contest this by claiming that your partner was incapable of giving his informed consent to entering into the agreement with Claims Guys.

What is his condition and has it been diagnosed by a doctor?

Comment

Re: RIPPED OFF by The claims guys a PPI claims company for £4,200 !! to mentally ill

Firstly, this should be reported imediately to the Trading Standards/Ministry of Justice in Burton-on Trent as to keep on phoning a mentally ill patient who is suicidal can be fatal and especially as you have already advised them.

Claims Management Regulation
      57 - 60 High Street
      Burton on Trent
      Staffordshire DE14 1JS

They are also breaking the OFT guidelines in the way they are chasing for the money after you have explained about his mental illness, I have only briefly looked you may want to do some more research but the place to report it to is the Trading Standards as I have given you above:-

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con.../oft664sum.pdf

The fact he signed the documents of his own free will does in a way render him liable but because he is in your words mentally ill and did not know what he was doing maybe the MOJ will intervene for you but always seek the help of a solicitor when signing forms like these guys. I know you could have done this yourself for nothing but perhaps you did not think of doing this and now that they have done this and got your partner this refund they in a way do deserve to be paid even though they were unaware of your partners condition.
      Last edited by TUTTSI; 4th April 2013, 16:16:PM.

Comment

Have to agree that the company did the work on the basis they would be paid as per the contract just the same as if they OPs partner used a builder,now it needs paying i cannot think how the MOJ or anyone else can stop the claim for payment,sorry if this hurts but its a laymans view,While i symphasise with people with health issues they took the money did the op think companies do this work for free?

Comment

I am interested in the circumstance of the OP, so i've bumped this up, although i think he did get into a fix I fully sympathise with his situation, the claims firms are exploiting the situation by expecting the full 30% from the original claim, when he gets his money awarded they want a ridiculous amount back this is their trick, they get the claimant to give their details over, the claimant is unaware really of how much he will get returned but if it is in double figures the PPI claims company cleverly swindle them out of thousands by demanding a third of the original claim this is over kill they should be capped by at least 5% the PPI claims business is just a get rich quick scheme for those who know the law and how to exploit the innocent and in this case a vulnerable individual.

Was there any resolution in this case? Perhaps he should have counter sued them not only for deception but also harassment and intimidation.
          Last edited by Sigfodr; 28th April 2015, 14:05:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            While i symphasise with people with health issues they took the money did the op think companies do this work for free?
            I don't think anyone expects them to work for free, this is simply not the case here this is more about the original OP being vulnerable and exploited. But regardless of his vulnerability the claims firm are charging over the odds, £4,200 in anyone's eyes is a ridiculous amount to be charging for their over valued service, how can you not empathize with him in these circumstances? He is being blatantly swindled out of his own cash! Even if they charged 5% (£550) for the service this is more than a good return and more affordable for the OP, surely there should be some cap brought into this legal minefield of corruption.

Comment

Personally I think all % of claim fees should be stopped and moved to a fixed fee rate. It is the same work ( letter to bank, form to ombudsman) for a £12k claim as it is for a £3k claim. Even a capped % rate would be better - say 25% capped at £500.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Personally I think all % of claim fees should be stopped and moved to a fixed fee rate. It is the same work ( letter to bank, form to ombudsman) for a £12k claim as it is for a £3k claim. Even a capped % rate would be better - say 25% capped at £500.
                That make sense to me but how can it be implemented?

I've noticed there are many people falling into this trap as the adverts in the media entice people in with the 'no win no fee scenario'.

They are modern day charlatans exploiting the poor guy on the street who has already been bamboozled by the ppi contract in the first place and these vultures come in for the kill again because they merely know how to put a stamp on a letter in the OP case for £4,200 that is unacceptable to anyone with a rational and fair perspective.

Comment

Bug the MOJ and FCA I expect - or set up our own reclaim firm in an ethical way to force the competition to sort out their pricing structures or lose the business ..... or just keep pointing out to everyone reclaiming PPI is a piece of pish xx ( doesn't seem to have worked so far )

problem with the no win no fee is it doesn't inform people that if they have a debt with the bank then they are unlikely to see a penny of the PPI anyway it will just pay more off the debt and give them an extra bill to pay on top.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X